━ CHAPTER FOUR

"IT'S THE FULL MOON TONIGHT, BOYS,"

"No shit, V,"

"Shut up, Padfoot."

"You shut up, Tula."

"You wanna fight Black?"

"Bring it, Marcel! Bet you can't!"

"Shut up!"

"You-"

"Both of you shut up!" James roared.

The pair slowly turned their heads to face him, only to see him slouched over the Marauders map, watching Lily Evans name walk around the castle, hand in hand with Amos. (They could only assume that was what they were doing so close.)

"Prongs..." Tula said softly, climbing off a sleeping Peters bed and over to the boy. She crawled up beside him and gently shook the map from his grip. He sighed and allowed his head to drop on her shoulder. His expression downcast.

"W-why does she hate me? What do I have to do to get her to like me? I don't get it."

"Jay jay..." Tula began, using the nickname from their second year. "I... I know you view Lily as some perfect being, but she's not. She's righteous. She's hypocritical. She's stuck up. And, while yes, you have a very odd way of saying you like her, teasing is not flirting, she needs to get over herself. And you, need to stop picking on people if you really want her. Which I think is bollocks, we're fifteen, we have our whole lives ahead of us."

"But-"

"No buts, Prongs, Vixens right." Siruis cut in, moving to sit the other side of the boy. "Look, we're not afraid to give you a slap across the face when you mess up-"

Tula raised her hand excitedly, "I can demonstrate!"

"-But, Red doesn't have that. To her she's Cinderella and we're her ugly step sisters. And Snivellus is that little fat mouse, regardless of the fact he wants to be her Charming."

"So proud I got you to watch that movie." Tula said with a grin. "And that you actually remembered it."

"Her friends are just as bad as her. They pretend to know there flaws but really don't."

"Yeah, and we pretend we're perfect when we know our flaws. They just don't like us cause we're not advertising it across our arses-"

"Point is!" Siruis cut across loudly, shooting Tula a glare, "Be patient. We're fifteen, Lily's only just started dating, unless you just want a fling with Red?" James shook his head. "Exactly, and it's not entirely your fault."

"Gee thanks."

"You're welcome."

"So, can I slap him or not?"

***

"Madam Pomfreys taking Remus down as we speak," Peter said anxiously, "Are we all ready?"