━ CHAPTER ONE

"CAN I SIT HERE?"

James looked up from where he was sitting and grinned goofily. Tula Marcel stood on the fresh-hold of the compartment, casually leaning against the door as she awaited his answer.

"Course. So, going brunette this year, huh?"

This, of course was a reference to Tula's hair, which she had been dying different colours throughout their five years of schooling. She grinned as she plonked down beside him, resting her head on his shoulder.

"I mean, I was going to stick with the pastel blue, but Padfoot ruined it for me. Fun sucker."

"What did you just call me?"

James jumped as his bestfriend suddenly poked his head through the door, his jet black hair falling onto his forehead.

"You timed that, didn't you?"

"Perfectly, I may add."

"Hellooo? Are we ignoring that Vixen just called me a fun sucker? I am the opposite of a fun-sucker! I am a delight!"

Vixen was Tula's nickname, heavily hinting to the fact that her animagus form was a female fox. More specifically, a Sierra Nevada red fox, most common in north America.

"Awww, of course you are Pads, here, catch!" She cooed.

Tula grabbed a packet of biscuts from her back pack and threw one at the boy. He made no effort to catch the treat, but someone else did.

Remus Lupin stepped into the compartment, followed closely by a dirty blonde haired boy. He caught the biscut easily and sniffed it before wrinkling his nose in disgust.

"Post office biscuts. You cheaped out, V."

"It was a last minute decision! Thank you very much!" She snapped indignantly, snatching her biscut back. The new prefect simply shrugged before lifting his trunk up. "Anyway," He began, sitting down opposite them and the blonde boy, Peter Pettigrew. "I just got back from the prefect meeting. Guess who the other Gryffindor one is?"

Unanimously, everyone answered "Lily Evans."

"Her eyes as green as emeralds." Sirs receited.

"Her hair as red as fire." Tula followed.

"Her spirit like the quidditch world cup." Remus continued with a smile."

"And teeth as white as snow!" Peter finished with a chuckle. James glared at them all in turn. His face turning a brilliant shade of pink. "Oh shut up! I don't tease you about your crushes."

He pointed to Peter who shrunk back in his seat. "Mary Mcdonald."

He then turned to Remus, "Marie Abbott."