2.0

JEON WOONG was wary. despite slowly coming to terms with the fact that he was potentially not getting dayeon back, he's still anxious — especially around youngmin, and moonlight crew's leader, kang hyori.

at one point woong was close to him, and he knew all about it; the heartbreak and the initial emotional turmoil. if he was honest he would even admit that he was a little worried for youngmin, because he knows that hyori put him through a lot, almost too much, and one push from her could change everything — from his daily routines to his mental state, because that's just how much impact she had on him.

because they were doing a crossover collaboration, dayeon isn't able to see youngmin, and youngmin isn't able to see dayeon when he needs it. though there were breaks in between, timings clashed and it's difficult, and woong could sense youngmin getting tenser as the time ticks by. but as the leader, there's not much he can do about it. it really wasn't like he could afford to throw a fit because he couldn't see his girlfriend or anything like that. youngmin being youngmin, he sucked it up and went on with it.

but maybe all of that changed on one atypical thursday night in studio 4, when woong stayed behind to fix up his own steps.

it felt strange, and it's really not like he even talked to youngmin that much anymore, more so after the so-called argument during practice. still, the weird little feeling came up to cave in his chest, and as he makes his way to studio 4, it's nothing but almost pure concern that creeps in his veins.

"hyori– no," youngmin sounds like he's pleading. "i have a girlfriend, please, please, hyori, please leave whatever we had behind, i'm begging." when woong looks through the slice of glass and the mirror, he sees that the elder is being cornered at the opposite end of the room. "please? what if someone sees us and gets the wrong idea and–"

hyori cuts him off. "relax, gosh, it's just me," she prods, coaxes. "girlfriend, huh? must suck for her if she found out i still have a place in here," she places the tip of her finger on the left side of his chest. "you know i see right through you, youngmin, don't you? even after all these years, i walk right into your studio and you can't even hide anything in those eyes. i don't know what should i even feel about it."

she inches closer to him, and youngmin has his back flat against the wall with nowhere else to move back to. "after all, you know that you'll always have a little special spot in me too." he's frozen in his spot, lips pursed tightly into a straight line, his head tilted up slightly in case she tries to pull any stunt on him. "really, youngmin, you know that you're the best i ever had, right?"

"you're the worst i've had, hyori," he throws it back at her, but woong can tell it took him a lot of effort and courage, because he doesn't speak for a good few moments after that. "just go. please."

god, woong wants to leave. so bad. he knew he'd have to tell dayeon about it, one way or another, but would she believe him? furthermore, they've established this awkward, please-don't-try-to-talk-to-me, i-kind-of-hate-you friendship, especially after the whole fight. dayeon probably hates his guts, and woong doesn't want to aggravate it even more.

but he leaves the building that night, hoping that youngmin knew better than to let his ex-girlfriend fuck him over again, that he knew better than to let dayeon down and break her heart like how woong did himself.

the next time woong catches hyori and youngmin, it's a sunday night and he knows he needs to tell dayeon about it.

in the corner of the studio, through the sliver of glass, he sees that hyori is situated in front of youngmin, trapped between her arms. he'd expected it to just end there, but he's proven wrong when she inches closer to kiss him—