1.4

[5] missed calls from woong 🐻💘
[2] missed calls from youngmin!!!

from: woong 🐻💘
dayeon where are you
god pls text me back when you see this
im worried to death

is everything okay?
why the sudden shut out?
call me okay baby
i love you :)

from: youngmin!!!
yeonnie
hey are we good?
you need anything?

i know woong is crazy worried
just text him back pls

to: youngmin!!!
can i meet you?
i just need someone rn
i dont think i want to see woong tho

its okay if you cant tho
it wasnt important

from: youngmin!!!
the studio after 6

LEE DAYEON had shut everything out since the week she was supposed to tell woong how she felt. she'd counted her lucky stars that neither woong nor rohee were there during the two times she went back to the studio for open classes. she'd been going for her usual classes at college, distracting herself with studies, preoccupying herself with the stress of exams instead of everything that happened.

there were night classes going on when she stepped into the building, but she knew where youngmin was — studio 5, door ajar like before, this time with a dim stream of light seen escaping through the little gap. when she pushes the door open, youngmin is leaned against the mirror, ears plugged in and eyes fixed on his phone held in his hand.

she sits down next to him without a word, causing him to turn and take his earphones out. he flashes her a smile, warm enough to melt her heart. he sets his phone and wires aside before propping his knees up and placing his chin on top of them.

"you okay?" he asks her softly. "you can talk about it. or you know, just, like," he shrugs. "enjoy each other's company. i don't mind."

with that being said, dayeon scoots closer and takes his arm, putting it around her shoulders. her temple comes into contact with his shoulder, and she feels youngmin relax beneath her touch. his fingers gently squeeze her upper arm, until after a while his hand only rests upon the plane of her neck. it's noiseless in the room, with the occasional vibrations of his phone against the hardwood floors.

dayeon had closed her eyes, comfortable in a sense that they fell into a solemn silence, and his fingers were gently combing through her hair. youngmin didn't utter even a single word, but his breath was steady and she could almost hear his heart beating in his chest.

"dayeon?" he speaks after a long time. they both don't know how long has it been since they've stayed like that. he carefully retracts his arm and places it on his lap when she sits up. "can i... ask you something?"

she nods, a quizzical look on her face. "yeah?"

"why..." he hesitates. "why are you still with woong?"

dayeon is stumped. she wishes she knew what to tell the person sitting beside her, but nothing is going through her head and she can't seem to find the words to say. with her head hung low, she fidgets with her fingers, her phone in her lap, the rips in her jeans.

she feels youngmin's eyes burning her skin. "i don't mean to be offensive, dayeon. but, you already know he's like that– i mean, rohee, and all of that," he breathes. "even as his good friend, i know this isn't his best. and you– you need someone who will give you his best."

dayeon exhales. "what, like you?" she asks nonchalantly, looking up at him through her lashes. "like you, youngmin? giving your best, like what you've been doing since the day i cried in front of you?"

"sure," he tells her flat, short. "but even if i can, what will you even do? it's not like you'd break up with woong to date me or anything like that, dayeon. i'm just saying you should find someone better, who can take care of you and, not cheat on you and confuse you and play with your heart and make you cry." he folds his arms across his chest. "it sucks seeing you like this, dayeon. seriously. i feel like whacking woong a lot these days ever since all of this happened."

dayeon grimaces. "and you've been running away from him too? please, for the love of god, and your mental wellbeing, do something about it," he nudges her shoulder. "at this point, you should really just... break up with him. with or without him, aren't you the same?"

youngmin made a lot of good points, but she couldn't bring herself to tell woong everything. furthermore, maybe she misunderstood woong, and he was just conflicted with his own feelings. she can practically hear youngmin telling her that it's not excuse for him to cheat on her at all costs.

"i'll be jealous of your future girlfriend," she ignores his statement. "caring, good with words, advice giver. she'd have everything in her hands. god, why didn't i just fall in love with you instead?"

youngmin shoves her lightly, but pulls her back in, guiding her head beneath his chin. "i hope you'll find someone like that. not me, but someone. maybe not woong either. but just, someone. out there, you know?" he chuckles, pauses. and then she feels his lips pressed to her head. "i wish for him to see how lucky he is to have you, dayeon. maybe he's just being like this because he hasn't seen your worth."

dayeon relaxes into his embrace, hands splayed on his lap. she thinks youngmin is the comfort that she never gets from woong, and that if anything, she can always lean back on him.

as the silence envelopes them again as they walk back down the street to the bus stop, and later when she's alone on the bus home, there's nothing but one circling her mind and her thoughts — youngmin, youngmin, youngmin.

𓆝𓆟𓆜𓆞

heres a filler bc my itchy hands demanded for youngyeon AND also because just . youngmin best boy