1.3

from: dayeon 🧸🧡
can we talk?
you can take me from classes today, idk
i end at 3 i could just meet you nearby

to: dayeon 🧸🧡
sure babe ill fetch u!!
u want me to get u anything?

from: dayeon 🧸🧡
no its fine itll be quick
or well i hope it will

to: dayeon 🧸🧡
woah seems serious
u okay baby?? :(

from: dayeon 🧸🧡
yeah im good woong
i just
need to talk to you
about everything idk

ill just see you later okay
call me when you reach

to: dayeon 🧸🧡
okay

ill be here dayeon
u can text me whenever alright

LEE DAYEON knew better.

she knew better than to keep holding on. she knew better than to pretend that she didn't hear the whole argument last week. although some might protest and say it's only been a month or so since they reconciled, dayeon didn't want to get herself hurt again. as if she isn't already.

she couldn't focus in class. her mind was elsewhere, and her thoughts were all over the place. what was she even going to tell woong? that she'd heard everything and that she caught him cheating red-handed? just the thought of it was ridiculous. she always finds herself at a loss for words in front of woong. she hates it.

"woah, you're out far," dayeon gets a snap back to reality when she feels a flick to her temple. her good friend saerin is standing beside her, her textbook held to her chest. "class is over, dummy. you wanna grab some lunch at the cafeteria with me before you go?"

dayeon blinks, before composing herself and grabbing her stuff. "oh, sure," she slings her bag over one shoulder, trailing behind saerin. she hopes the girl doesn't notice she was way out of it today.

but well, whoops.

"what's with you, dayeon? you were so out of it today. you good?" she frowns. "your notebook was open the whole time but you didn't write a single thing other than the date. talk about stress, babe. before the lecture you even told me you were gonna really listen and take everything down."

dayeon shrugs. "i don't know, i'm just tired, i guess," she lies — straight through her teeth. "i've been at the studio a lot, maybe that's why."

saerin takes a big bite of her omelette rice. "the studio?" she pushes. "is this about your boyfriend, dayeon?"

and there it goes. "what? of course not," dayeon shakes her head. "we're doing fine, thank you very much. i'm meeting him after this. it's nothing like that, saerin."

the college student shrugs it off after a while. dayeon had left her after she got a text from woong telling her he's outside. and now she's dreading it — walking slowly, shoving her hands in the pockets of her pullover. her heart is beating so fast in her chest she thinks it'll burst.

"hi," he greets her, a soft smile plastered onto his face. "where are we going?" god, dayeon wants to scream. he can't do this. it's like he knows all her weak points. he's talking to her all soft and quiet like that? sickening.