0.8

dream team @dreamteamdc
MEMBER REVEAL D-DAY!!! see yall
at the usual public area at 2pm today!!!

replying to @dreamteamdc
ITS A DUET BITCH PLS SAY
ITS A FUCKKGNND DUET

replying to @dreamteamdc
is it fr a duet..... is it w youngmin
is it w woong is it w woojin is it...
IS IT WITH DONGHYUN IS IT

replying to @dreamteamdc
omg this shit betta be good
dtdc i came a long way for this

LEE DAYEON looks at herself one last time in the mirror, tucking strands of hair behind her ear and patting at the uneven parts of foundation on her face. it's today — her member reveal. and she's not quite sure how to feel.

"dayeon? let's go," woong peeks his head through the small gap of the door, a cheeky smile playing on his lips. he looks more excited than she is. she thinks it's (absolutely) cute.

when they arrive at the square, it's already surrounded by a few people, eagerly waiting. by the time it's two, a full semi-circle has formed around them, while the speakers and the camera is being set up.

she's nervous — she can't hide that one.

"you okay?" woong bumps shoulders with her, handing her a carton of strawberry milk and giving her a concerned look. "nervous, is it?"

dayeon nods, not quite looking up at him. the carton is left unopened and she's blanking out, her legs unable to keep still and her lips twisted into a frown. is it the crowd which is scaring me, or is it the fact that i'm going to have to be so close to woong in front of the crowd? she only snaps out of it when youngmin appears before them and tells them that it's time to prepare and get ready.

she feels all eyes on her, as if they're burning her skin. most importantly, she feels woong looking at her, really looking at her, and for some odd reason in that moment she felt crazy flustered. after all, it's only woong, and she's spent so many weeks in the studio practicing with him for this day to come. why was she so worked up about it now?

the music starts. dayeon remembers all her steps, nicely executing them, and at the corner of her eye she sees the boy dancing just as they had practiced. she's quick on her feet, jittery and anxious, but still manages to keep a smile on her face and exude a cheerful, carefree vibe.

when they reach the touchy part, she feels her breath catch in her lungs as woong's palm lands on her hip. she swears that she thought her knees would give way because they were shaking so much, too much, even more so when the boy in front of her spins her around and pulls her flush against his chest. it makes her dizzy, like it always did, not from how fast she was twirled around, but from his touches, featherlight and gentle.

their last step was coming soon, just a light hand pull and they're done. what dayeon was expecting was for woong to follow the choreography, as per usual, but clearly he had other ideas.

instead of only holding her hand, he'd pulled her and placed her palm on his shoulder, his arm snaked around her waist. initially, dayeon is taken aback, her mouth forming an 'o', but she's quickly met with woong's knowing smirk, and she dares to face the camera, one end of her mouth curled up.

the next thing she hears is applause, and her first instinct is to pull away and bow to the audience. hesitantly, she takes her hand off his shoulder and bows around the semi-circle, only to be pulled back after most of the audience have left.