| EIGHTY |

Y/n's POV

I stare at The Center from far away. I've already spoken with Caila and Gavein. They both said the same thing as Dark basically. They don't wanna be killed. They're just sending Humans over there without being there themselves.

At least I want to be there.
Those two better fight along side me when this war breaks out.

Gavein, Caila, Mark, and I all sit in the Pet Park. Anti sits on a bench nearby with two other Demons who it's obvious that he's trying to ignore. I sit on the grass with my gaze locked on the fountain at The Center. Slowly Humans begin to sit on the ledge of the fountain. After all that space is taken up they sit on the ground. They don't look scared in the slighest.

"Stop watching so intently." Caila tells me. I turn to look at her with a scowl on my face. "Why don't you watch more?" She rolls her eyes. "Cause I don't want them to know that I'm interested." I shake my head and go back to watching.

They all closer their eyes and seemingly take in deep breaths. Then it starts. A woman facing the shopping district opens her eyes. She looks confident. She stands up from the ground and takes a step forward. This is where it begins.

"Demons and Humans over every kind!" She starts. "We have been have been under King Lucifer's thumb for far too long!" No one pays attention to her. "We must stand up to him and kill the monarchy!" At the word kill, heads begin to turn. A man on the fountain opens his eyes and stands on the ledge. "Why should we listen to a guy who is literally the most evil person alive?" He asks. "Demons don't have to be mean! You just think you have to!" More eyes.

This isn't going half bad so far.

"We want to bring peace and live in a way that benefits us both!" A loud cackle comes from the crowd that has formed. "You are benefitted through this relationship." Everyone's eyes open and they stand. "We are one!" A teen shouts. "We can be good!" A Demon man yells. "We don't want war! We want peace!" A woman says. More laughter erupts from the crowd. "Humans wouldn't be able to survive a day without us!" A Demon woman laughs. Everyone around the fountain shakes their heads. "Us Humans use to rule Earth before you took over!" A girl tells them. "Before! What makes you think that you can beat us now when you're even weaker than what you use to be?"

I think back to my history books. I remember how Humans use to rule this world, but we destroyed it. We hurt the only home we had. I quickly stand from the grass and run over to a tree at the edge of the park. I hide behind it so I can see and hear better.

"We attacked Humans right after their second revolution! We took them on during their lowest low!" A Demon girl teen growls. "Because our King is smart!" A Demon man gets in the teen Demons face. They look like they want to kill each other. "Kill the monarchy! Kill the monarchy! Kill the monarchy! Kill the monarchy! Kill the monarchy!" The rebels cheer in perfect ushion. "Humans are pets! Humans are pets! Humans are pets! Humans are pets!" The Demons shout back. "This isnt going good."

I jump at the sound of Mark's voice. I turn to see him beside me staring at the large crowd. It's hard to even see what's going on anymore. I nod and turn back to them. It hurts my heart to see that they aren't agreeing. I don't want war; I just know that we have to do it. I look over my shoulder at Caila. She seems saddened which surprises me. She usually has an expression devoid of any and all emotion.

"ENOUGH!" I snap my head towards the scene to see King Lucifer float in above the fountain. "Guards! Lock up these rebels and clear out these loyal citizens!" He commands.

Guards drop from above him into the crowd. They push people back with no care in the world about if they hurt them. I smile at what's going on. I'm just happy that this isn't ending badly.

The last thing we needed was for someone to die.

"FREEDOM!" A young voice screams at the top of her lungs. Everyone goes silent. "KILL THE MONARCHY!" My eyes widen.

Her voice sounds so young. Then I see her. A small Human girl jumps up on the fountain ledge to look directly up at King Lucifer. She can't be any older than eight. She has long blonde hair and gleaming green eyes. Lucifer smiley begins to float down to her level. Fear raises inside of me.

"What was that sweety?" He asks. "FREEDOM!" She shouts. Scared, I quickly back away from the tree and dash towards Anti, who's watching everything go down. "Canyoudisguiseme?" I ask as fast as possible. "What?" I just have gone too fast. "Can you make me look like someone else?" I ask. He nods. "Why?" I point to the girl. "I need to get over there!" I tell him. Anti just shakes his head. "I promised Da-" "FREEDOM!" I hear again. "HURRY!" I say with haste. Anti wears a frightened expression as he touches his hand to my face. I can feel my features changing. "Now GO!" He tells me. I smile and sprint to the crowd.

I push at Demons and Humans to try and get through, but none wanna let me in. I growl, punch, kick, and scream until two Demons out of the way and I fall into the hard pavement. Lifting my head, I see the girl is directly in front of me.

"Death to the monarchy." She hisses.

The King lifts up his hand as I launch myself from the ground. I jump up and push the girl off the ledge and into the cold fountain water. Time seems to stand still. I watch as Lucifer's hand conjures up a fire ball. I close my eyes and open my arms wide to accept the flames. The ball flies at me and hits me directly in the chest. The pain in unbearable. I can smell my own skin cooking. My body lurches backwards as I fall off the ledge and crumble to the ground. Rebels gasp. My eyes are closed tight. I hear screams and yelling. Time goes back to normal as my eyes reopen. Everyone is fighting. Demons shoot their magic at Rebels and the Rebels bring out their knives. I notice they aren't the Hell Blades.

Must be hiding those for later.

Still in serious pain, I force myself to get up. The first thing I see as I stand in the little girl face down in the fountain. My eyes widen with fear. I get over to her as quickly as possible. Pulling her out of the fountain, I see she's still breathing. Sighing with relief, I cry and move as fast as I can back towards the park;

leaving the beginning of war behind me.