| SEVENTY-EIGHT |

Y/n's POV

I sit on the couch lost in space. Mark sits on the love seat in front of me. I can't stop thinking about everything that just happened. We've lost so many and this war hasn't even started. Too many lives were lost already. Dark never got to meet his mother. I never got to say goodbye to mine. I sigh. This war will be very brutal. I mean what do I expect? Magic against weapons. Even if the weapons will really damage them, magic is still way better.

Will we even win? We have to! I can't help lead these people into battle if I think we're gonna lose. We will win. Human children shouldn't have to grow up as pets.

A pume of smoke takes over my vision. I jump back with surprise. the smoke is green. I expect to see Anti standing before me, but when it clears it's someone else. I quickly stand up and pull a small dagger from my boot in one swift motion.

"Who are you!" I shout with the dagger to their throat. The Demon laughs. "Good combat skills. I see why they believe in you." I raise an eyebrow at him. "Who are you." I repeat. The man smiles at me weirdly. "The name's Arbre. I was sent here by Gavein. He wants to speak with you." I step away from him and place the dagger back into my boot. "What's going on-" Anti cuts himself off as he sees Arbre. "WhO tHe HeLl ArE yOu?!" Dark enters the room with fire in his eyes. "He's fine." I assure Dark. "I need to go speak with the leader over at the West Rebel camp; Gavein." Dark calms down. "I will come with." He says and steps forward. I take a step back without even realizing it. "I-uh..think I should maybe go alone." I can feel how surprised and sad Dark is by my saying of this. "I don't care who fucking comes with you. I just need to get you there." I turn to Arbre and nod. "Come on Mark." Both Mark and I take hold of Arbre's arm before he teleports us away.

Arbre leads us through the cave system. We pass by Humans and Demons alike. They talk to one another like equals. I smile at the sight. This is what I want the whole world to be like. They laugh and little Demon kids use their magic to play with little Human kids. They look like they're having so much fun.

"Y/n!" I snap my attention back to Arbre and Mark. "You two wait here while I go get Gavein." I nod. Arbre walks away and Mark takes a seat. My sight stays on the kids playing. "I'll...I'll be back." I tell Mark and walk towards the children. "Hi guys!" I smile and wave to them.

There's five of them all playing together. There's a Human girl and boy with two Demon boys and a Demon girl. They can't be any older than ten.

"What are you playing?" I ask. They all giggle. "Demi is using her wind powers to make everyone float!" The Human boy says. He looks at Demi with a large smile on his face. "Really? Sounds like fun." I say. "It is!" The Demon boy with blonde hair cheers. "Wanna try?" Demi asks. I think for a moment before I respond. "I'd love to!"

They all cheer as Demi lifts up her hands. She faces her palms towards me as she closes her eyes. She seems to be concentration very hard. It takes a few seconds, but soon I begin to float. They all laugh. I make it about three inches off the ground until someone shirts from behind me.

"Y/n!" Demi drops me back onto the ground and opens her eyes. I turn to see Mark standing with Gavein. "Sorry guys, but I have to go." They give sad waves while I walk away. "Come back to play again soon!" I wave and smile. "I will!" I then face forward. "This way."

Gavein gestures Mark and I to follow him. I slightly jog to catch up to the two and hear what he wanted to talk to me about.

"As you know Caila does not believe war is unequivocal." I nod. "Yes. The woman is clearly blind to everything that has happened." Gavein continues on with what he has to say. "Her help in this war would be greatly appreciated. So we need to show her that peace isn't an option." We stop walking as I turn to look at him. "How are we going to do that?" I ask. "Maybe a protest?" Mark suggests. "Not a bad idea." I say. "But where?" Gavein blanks out as he thinks, then his eyes light up with an idea. "The Center. We should do it there." He tells us. "Where The Center?" I question. "Do you remember when King Lucifer took all those Human's?" He asks. I nod, but Mark just looks clueless. "That's The Center. It's where he addresses his people." Gavein seems excited and so am I. "Perfect!" I say with a large smile. "I'll tell Caila that we'll have a protest there tomorrow at noon-ish. I'll also alert other camps." We begun to walk again with excitement filling the air. "We can't sent everyone from our camps. We have to send those who will not break of tortured to tell where the camps are." Suddenly my smile drops. "Tortured?" Both Mark and I express concern. "This is going to be spectacular!" He completely ignores us. "Arbre!" He shouts. Arbre appears out of nowhere. "Take these too home. They need to get some rest for the protest tomorrow!" Arbre nods and takes hold of us; teleporting us back home.

This isn't going to be good.