NINE|

Dark's POV
(Still Flashback)

This is how it goes for the next couple days. I show up, teach her something new, then leave.
Every time I show up though, I make sure to use an Earth magic spell. For my plan to work I need to plant the idea of her wanting her powers back into her head.
I also sometimes bring her potted plants to make her think about her old magic. It seems to work because one day when I teleport to her house she's standing there waiting for me.

"I need my Earth magic back." Sasha tells me.
I shake my head.
"No can do. We made a deal." I remind her.
"Can't we change it?" She asks.
"Nope, but...." I purposely trail off.
"But what?" She asks.
"We could make a new deal." I act like this idea just popped into my head.
"Like what?"
I pretend to think for a minute when I know all along the new deal I want to propose.
"If you.....kill Penelope I'll give you back the magic you use to specialize in." Her eyes go wide, just as I suspected and planned out.
"Never, there must be a different way." I shake my head.
"That's the only deal." She sighs and frowns.
"Then I'll just have to deal with not having my magic anymore."
As she looks down at the ground I smirk.

All is going according to plan.

The baby starts crying from upstairs. Sasha's head shoots in the direction of the crying.
"I'll take care of it." I say and walk towards the stairs.

Maybe I should follow him.

I say inside her head like its her own idea.

Maybe I should.

She agrees and behind me I can hear her following me up the stair case. When we reach the top I enter the babies room and see the walls are a pale pink color.
"Waaa!!!" She cries from her crib.
Walking over I smirk and use a specific Earth spell that I know Sasha used all the time.
I point up toward the ceiling which makes a vine grow up.
Twirling my finger I make it spin around. I then move my hands in different motions to tie the vine in different places. Once I'm finished the vine is tied to look like a teddy bear. I smile while giving it to the child who happily takes it. I know that Sasha would use her magic to make vine objects based off of all the vine objects around her house.

"How do you know how to do that?" I jump, pretending that she startled me.
"Don't sneak up on people like that." I say as I turn to her with my hand over my heart.
"Is your main Earth magic?" She asks. I shake my head no.
"Then how can you do that?"
I don't reply because I simply don't want to.
"Anyways....what are you going to show me today?" She asks.
"How to put her in a traveling seat correctly." She nods.
I pick up the baby with another Earth spell. I make a lilly pad appear, which is in both water and Earth magic, which picks up the baby and floats behind me as I walk with her back down stairs.

I really want my main back.

I say in her head.

Don't you want it back?

I make her start thinking about taking up my deal.

Yeah, I really do. But I'm not killing Penelope, she's my only family.

We get back into the livingroom and I see the babies traveling seat sitting next to the couch.
"Have you tried to use it yet?" I ask her.
"Yeah, but the directions are super confusing." She tells me.
I make the lilly pad with the baby on it float in front of her.
"Then let's get started." I pick it up and sit on the uncomfortable couch.

The entire time that I'm showing her how to put it together and how to strap the baby in I'm also repeating the same question in her mind.

Don't you want your main back?

I also keep repeating.

Maybe I should just take the deal. I was living perfectly fine before this baby came along.

Every time I say one of those things her facial expression changes and I'll ask,
"Are you okay?" and she'll just nod or reply with, "Yeah, just thinking."
I can tell that each time I say one of those things that she gives in a bit more to the idea. Purposely, I make putting together the traveling seat a long process so I can drive her even closer to accepting my deal. I'm there with her for hours just helping her put together this thing thing and repeating those same phrases.
"There, we're done." She sighs.
"Now to put her in you just do this." I make the lilly pad float over to us.
I see Sasha's expression change for a split second and hear her think,

Maybe.

I pick up Penelope and place her in the traveling seat.
"You pull this one up like that." I pull one of the straps over the child's body.
"And this one like that." I pull another one over.
"And this one like this." I say.
"Then you snap them together in the middle." I do so.
"Thank you so much." She thanks me.
"We do have a deal." I emphasis the word deal.
"That we do." She grits her teeth.

Maybe I should take the deal. Before Penelope existed I had everything I could ever want. Now it's gone. Take the deal.

YOU'RE A HORRIBLE PERSON AND MOTHER FOR EVEN THINKING OF ACCEPTING IT!!!

I hold back a smirk as I walk to her door.
"I'll see you again tomorrow." I reach for the handle slowly.

Stop him and accept the deal.

"Wait!" She yells.
"Yes?" I ask looking at her.
"Um.....nothing." I give her a fake confused look before waving and exiting her house.

She'll break in no time.