twenty-seven: christina

Start from the beginning

"You were so set out on selling the place. Thought you had a back up plan." Pharrell sucked his teeth and his annoyance caused me to chuckle. "Calm your shit and take a seat." I moved over, making space for him on the couch.

"Pierre, I aint playin. What the hell is going on?"

"We were robbed." I smirked, poking the inside of my cheek with my tongue as the words rolled off my tongues.

"We... we.. we We were WHAT?!"

"Robbed." I said, once again.

"And you're just now telling me this?!" he reached into his pocket for his phone, scrolling through it. "Are you serious?!" he hit a contact, then placed the phone against his ear.

"Who are you calling?" I said through another puff of smoke.

"I'm calling the people you should've been calling the moment you found out. Uncle B-."

"Hang up." I commanded, slowly rising from my seat.

"Nah, cause you're playing boo boo the fool over here! You're telling me we got robbed l- Hello? Yo, Unc. Guess wh-." I grabbed the phone out of Pharrell's hands, tossing it over against the same wall that I had used to break my mother-in-law's phone. "What the hell is up with you, bro?"

"You know better. We don't call that man for a damn thing." I scoffed, before plopping back down into my seat. "Are you an idiot or what?"

"An idiot? For calling the one man we were told to call if something like this happened? Our father specifically s-."

"Our father was nothing but a generous sperm donor, that was nice enough to leave us with a business that could keep us financially comfortable. His family has never cared or tried to reach out, because you know they wanted this business. Especially that man, right there." I pointed towards the phone, "you know better."

"Fuck!" Pharrell yelled, placing his hands against the top of his head. "What are we supposed to do now?"

"We?!" I chuckled, "you speak French now?"

"Nigga, don't act like you built this on your own."

"I know I didn't build it on my own, just as much as I know you're a snake that wanted to see me on my face."

"Here you go again, believing this Priya shit again. I told you, I never touched her, she's a liar."

"You can leave."

"I aint going no where without knowing where my money is. clearly, you're sitting here unworried, meaning that you know something. Tell me what the hell is going on."

"What's going on, is ... I caught you having an affair. You got two baby moms that I was able to get DNA samples from. Tahira is your lifeline and I promise that the more you push me, is the more I am tempted to let her know everything."

"You're going to blackmail me?" he laughed aloud, "with your dirty hands? when I could easily turn around and let Priya know all about Alexis."

"She knows." I smirked, "I have nothing at all to hide at this point in time." I reached forward, grabbing an envelope from off my table, passing it over to him. "And you coming near her wouldn't be smart at all."

Pharrell grabbed the envelope from me, his brows lowered as he ripped it open and pulled out the documents inside. "A restraining order... against Priya." I nodded, as he flipped through, "and you're trying to pay me out?"

"I am not trying. I am telling you to sign that document."

"The hell am I going to settle for this chump change for?"