two: business partners

PIERRE PALMER

"I'm coming!" I announced, while running down my home's staircase, struggling to push my arms into the sleeves of my shirts. I finally got it on the moment I got to the front door, although I already knew who it was; my eyes scanned the entrance camera footage before I opened the door. Rohan stood there holding the bouquet of flowers I had asked him to get for me earlier this morning. "Good looking out boss, thank you bro."

I retrieved them from him and dapped him up. "Is she here or at the gym?" he asked.

"Gym, of course she should be here in the next thirty." I glanced down at my watch and nodded.

"Good." Rohan turned to his car and waved. My brows furrowed and I followed his gaze, looking at the car myself. To my surprise, Alexis stepped out; adjusting her blazer before shutting the door behind her.

"What the hell is this?" I asked with widened eyes and through gritted teeth as her heels clicked up my driveway.

"It'll be short." Alexis said waving me off as she walked up the steps. "And before you get to blaming Rohan, this was my idea." I groaned to myself and she placed her hand on the back of my neck, bringing my face down to give her a good enough kiss. Normally, I'd be all for it, but this right here wasn't it.

I quickly pulled away and wiped my lips off with the back of my hand, "make it as quick as possible." I said, moving to the side and allowing them to step inside. I shut the door behind me, and Rohan led the way to my office, as they passed. Mathis; who sat at the dining room table drinking his usual morning coffee gave me a raised brow, I knew exactly what I was thinking; I'd be dead meat if Priya just so happened to come home early.

We stepped into my office and I shut the door behind me, lock and everything. Rohan took his seat and Alexis did the same while I walked around the table and sat across from them. I ran my hand down the side of my face as I yawned. "Let's hear this..."

"I think we should be business partners." Alexis blurted out.

"Come again?" both my brows raised beyond my control.

"You heard me. I think it's time we join forces and work together."

"Join forces?" I chuckled, pinching the bridge of my noise. "What force do you even have... you work a 9-5... I put women to work." I glanced over at Rohan and shook my head, "you woke me up for this?"

"Just hear her out." he answered and said.

"My little 9-5 has done a lot for me, not only financially but regarding networking. I went from event coordinating for the everyday man to celebrities and athletes. I'm doing weddings, parties, barmitzvahz, batmitzvahs, album release celebrations. Everything, if you can name it, I can do it."

"Okay... and?"

"And... I believe that I can take this little thing you got to a whole other level."

"My business is doing quite fine if you'd ask me." I folded my arms and leaned back in my seat. "Do I look like I need any help?"

"Of course, you don't." she wore a cheeky smile as the sentence rolled off her tongue, "however, the Pierre I know is all about opportunities and would never turn his back on one like this."

"Hmm." I smirked, "good point."

"Exactly. Like I was saying, I have a lot of these married athletes and married celebrities looking for some casual fun from time to time. Both here and on the road. I know how discreet and professional you train your girls to be and I figured you'd be the perfect candidate." Alexis got more comfortable in her seat, "I know how athletes, rappers and actors talk. Just a test run with one of the rappers I plan for is enough to get the word out and to the right ears. With this opportunity you'll no longer have to worry about going to these events to scout. You'll have clients lining up at your door!"