Not apologizing for the edits!

I am a writer. I write stories. And just like any other writer, I wanted to be called an author. I'm not like your favorite author, who may have won Nobel prizes. I am just me and the thoughts I write. It's how I differentiate myself from others.

I don't want to compare or be compared to anyone who is better than me, or to anyone who has the perfect grammar and knows the techniques and rules in writing. I consider myself as someone who genuinely writes what I feel. I am free to write anything because I am the author. I am the storyteller.

I can tell you that I've written many great stories. It's just that not many have read them. And when everybody does, I think you would go and apologize to me for thinking twice of my testimony.

Everything has its own perfect time. And like any other artist, I haven't found my tribe. I am confident that they will love my stories. I would want to believe that they would also feel what I felt when I was writing them. And that they weren't just words constructed to make up a story.

With the thought of all these possibilities, I am becoming more and more courageous to write anything freely. The stories will tell my feelings on my behalf, and writing would be my gateway to make my dream of becoming an author a reality. I want to leave my mark and my work for other generations to know.

I want to serve as an inspiration that everything you wish can become a reality. I want to prove that there is a miracle when you believe. Is it too good to be true? - I don't think so. Will it ever be a reality? - It will because I will make it a reality.

Although it would be a long journey, one by one, a story will unfold. A writer will make a legacy, and its stories will be known all over the world and loved by many. Someone would be happy knowing that he wasn't on his own when he was writing a story.

"This is my life, my story, my book. I will no longer let anyone else write it; nor will I apologize for the edits I make." - Steve Maraboli

If you are a writer, do you write to your reader's interest? How would you differentiate yourself from other writers?