'That's hours of work and you're practically dead on your feet already.' I signed.

"I know, Leannan but my fighters on patrol have been out there for hours. Someone has to switch them out and this paperwork can't wait."

I sighed and nodded. There was no point in arguing with him. I needed to find a solution on my own and I had just the right people in mind.

I went to the kitchen first. After a quick search I found what I was looking for and put on a large pot of coffee to brew. While the coffee was brewing I grabbed an ice pack from the fridge and went out to check on Aaron.

It looked like he had fallen back asleep already so I carefully placed the ice pack on his shoulder. His eyes flickered open long enough to register who was touching him and then they closed again.

"Thanks." He muttered.

I squeezed his good shoulder and went on to my next task.

I scanned over the fighters in the room. I was searching for a particular pair and it didn't take long to find them.

I nudged Alex foot first to see if he was awake.

"Hmm?" Alex grumbled but didn't open his eyes.

I nudged him again and his eyes snapped open.

"What?" He snapped.

"Oh... shit. Sorry Ry. What's up?" He cringed.

~How long have you been asleep?" I asked. I didn't want to ask him to get up already if he had just laid down.

"Uhh..." He scrubbed a hand over his face and sat up on his elbows.

"What time is it?" He asked.

~Eight something.~ I said.

"...five hours I think." Alex said.

~Are you healed? Do you need more time?~ I asked.

"I'm good. Why?" He said fighting back a yawn.

~Silas won't sleep until someone switches out the patrols. Do you know how to do that?~

"Yeah I can do it. Who do you want me to switch them out with?" Alex said rubbing his eyes.

~Anyone uninjured that's had at least six hours of sleep.~ I said.

"Ok... Alright." Alex said. He smacked at Quinn. Quinn grumbled and rolled on to his side away from us.

"I think we both know how this goes." Alex said rolling his eyes.

~Coffee should be ready.~ I said with a knowing smile.

"God I love you." Alex said scrambling to his feet.

I crouched down next to Quinn and gave his shoulder a flick.

"Stop." He grumbled.

I flicked him again.

"Go away." He growled.

I flicked him again.

"Babe. No." He said.

I flicked him again.

This time Quinn moved. It was a blur of speed and before I could react he had pulled me down and trapped me in his arms like a pillow.

"We're sleeping." He grumbled. I wiggled around trying to get loose but his arms were to tight for me to move.

~Quinn, no. Let go!~ I said.

"No. Shush." He mumbled.

~Quinn!!~ I squeaked.

One of his hands shifted up to cover my mouth as if that would some how make me unable to talk.

~Really?~ I asked.

"It was worth a shot." He sighed and opened his eyes to peek out at me.

"What do you want?" He asked.

~Alex needs help switching out the patrols.~

Quinn groaned and finally released me. I wasted no time getting back to my feet while Quinn glared at me from the floor.

"Stop whining. She made us coffee." Alex said. He held up two cups of coffee.

Quinn grumbled again but sat up. Alex handed over his second cup and took a sip of his own.

~Thank you.~ I said. I gave Alex a quick peck on the cheek and headed back toward the kitchen.

"Wha- Why does he get all of the kissing!? I heard Quinn complaining.

I glanced back long enough to give Quinn a wink before disappearing around the corner.

I poured a cup of coffee and headed out on my next man hunt. I found Adam upstairs in one of the spare bedrooms. I didn't have to nudge him awake like I had the others. His eyes opened the second I stepped into the room.

"Is that bribery?" Adam asked glancing at the cup in my hands.

I smiled and handed the cup over to him.

He sat up and took a long slow sip.

"Mmm my soul is yours." He sighed in contentment.

~Silas is drowning in paper work...~ I started out slowly.

"Mhhm..." Adam laughed. "Let me guess. He hasn't slept at all and refuses to delegate?"

I nodded.

"You're killing me smalls. Paper work is the worst!" Adam groaned.

~So you can do it?~ I asked.

"I can and I will." He sighed.

~Thank you.~ I said and turned back to the door. I paused and looked back when Adam made no move to follow me.

"Now... Right." Adam muttered jumping up to follow me.

We went back down stairs and into Silas office. Silas brow furrowed as he looked up from his papers. I crossed the room, pulled the pen out of his hand, and set it on top of the papers.

"Ry-" Silas started but I cut him off.

~Alex and Quinn are switching out the patrols and Adam will finish up the paperwork.~ I said.

"Adam is injured and Alex-" Silas started and I cut him off again.

~Adam will be sitting at your desk and Alex is perfectly capable of doing his job. Bed.~

"Ry I can't just-" Silas shook his head and pushed away from his desk.

~You want to know if Adam and Alex can handle this? Let them try. You'll still be here. If they need you then they will wake you.~

Silas sighed and looked over at Adam.

"Are you sure about this?" He asked Adam.

"I'm insulted that you're not." Adam said.

"Ok." Silas said.

Silas stood up and stretched with a yawn. He kissed the top of my head and finally made his way out of the office.