Pirates From The Past

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from How to train your dragon

Since we made peace between Vikings and dragons, everything changed. Vikings no longer raised their weapons against dragons and dragons no longer set fire to the village...on purpose at least.

A flashback shows a dragon raid where Vikings were viciously fighting against dragons and vice versa. Now on the current day the dragons and Vikings are interacting with each other on friendlier terms.

New changes have been made since then.

In the air Hicca, Snotlout, Fishlegs, Astrid and the Thorston twins were all flying around the village on their dragons.

But sometimes old habits die hard.

At the Henderson household, Raeda finished getting ready and walked downstairs to get a quick breakfast and go outside. She went to the kitchen where her parents were.

"Fix your posture Raeda. Remember what I said about your walk?" Raedas' mom asked.

"I need to walk tall and proud." Raeda recounted. She grabbed a loaf of bread and made her way out when her father stopped her.

"Here, drink some water first." He said, holding out a mug for her to take. "It's important you stay hydrated." Raeda took the mug and drank the water. "And I hope you're still practicing those combat moves, Raeda. Just because there are no more dragon raids doesn't mean you can slack off on your training." He said.

"Don't worry dad, I am." Raeda said, although it was a lie. She actually spends most of her time flying with Sparkfire and drawing new landscapes she and her dragon come across. "I have to go; I'll see you guys later." She then flew off with Sparkfire.

Later on, Raeda and Sparkfire went to the forge, where Hiccup was working. However instead of sitting around and talking to Hiccup like she usually does, Raeda was actually working on a sword she made by herself.

"Important thing to remember when working in the forge; be mindful when you're have a metallic weapon over the fire. The last thing you need is the metal part to melt completely off the handle. Trust me, this is learned from experience." Hiccup informed Raeda. Toothless was laying down in a corner of the forge, waiting for his rider to finish up so that they could go out flying to join his mate.

"Got it." Raeda replied while putting the finishing touches on her sword.

Hiccup looked out the window and saw Sparkfire standing outside "What's up with Sparkfire." He asked, noticing that the purple Nadder was on high alert.

"Oh, I just put her outside to stand guard in case my parents come by." Raeda answered.

"So they have no clue that you're learning to craft from me and Hicca?" Hiccup asked, turning to the Henderson girl.

"Nope." Raeda answered.

"And they also still don't know about your secret desire to be an artist." Hiccup asked.

"No." Raeda repeated.

"Rae, I don't know why you're still hiding this. I thought you said your parents have been less strict on you." This is true. Ever since the battle that took place in the dragons' nest, Raedas' parents have been less strict on her and made her training schedule lighter so that she can have time to learn about training dragons and patrolling Berk whenever necessary. "It's true, but they still want me to be a shield maiden to carry on the familys' legacy. Besides, they still think art is useless."

"Useless?" Hiccup asked incredulously, he then picked up a beautifully made and detailed axe Raeda crafted earlier. "Rae, look at this. This is not useless. This is perfect! And that sword you're working on. Also perfect! And these are the first weapons you've ever made by yourself. Do you know what was the first weapon Hicca and I made by ourselves? Daggers and they were nowhere near as good as these."