11

"a gang leader?"

"yes."

"so, you kill people?"

"well, i don't do it. i order the people who work for me to do it. only if it's necessary."

"well, what do you do then?"

"i basically lead people. i give out assignments to my employees. i make deals with other leaders across the world."

"how the hell did you get shot?"

"um, someone didn't agree with i said. so they took the easy way and shot me. instead of talking it out like reasonable people, he fucking shot me." jaebum sighed.

jackson frowned. he didn't like the idea of jaebum getting hurt over something so silly. maybe it wasn't silly, but jackson doesn't know that.

"you're not kidding right? like you're an actual gang leader?"

"yes seunie, i'm an actual gang leader."

jackson sat there, processing everything. jaebum is a gang leader? wow. never would've thought of that one. a businessman? sure. a ceo? of course. but a gang leader? just wow.

jaebum rubbed circles on the back of jackson's tiny hands. he was surprised to see jackson so calm about this.

"hmm, can i watch you work one day?"

jaebum was taken aback by the question. "sure baby, but why?"

jackson smirked and just shrugged.

"why are you taking this so calm? i'm a gang leader. i thought you would've been like-" jaebum thought for a second, "i don't know, i thought you would have a different reaction."

the younger frowned. he took his hands out of jaebum's and brought them up to the olders face. caressing his cheeks with his thumbs. "oh bummie-"

jaebum gave jackson a stern look. "i'm older than you jackson."

jackson rolled his eyes. "yes yes by a few years. but in my defense, you cut me off before i could finish," jackson sheepishly shrugged.

jaebum glared at the younger. "continue then."

the younger clapped his hands with a big smile on his face. he then placed his hands on the olders face, furrowed his eyebrows and pouted. he helps jinyoung practice for his school dramas.

"oh bummie hyung, why would i have a different reaction?" jackson pauses and thinks about his own question, "ok, i can see how people may react different when telling them you're a gang leader, but your job is your job. i'm not going to just walk out on you because of your job. in my opinion, you being a gang leader is kinda hot. i mean, you got the look. y'know that intimidating look you give when you first meet someone?-"

jackson looks up at jaebum face, "yeah that one," he points to his face. the older chuckles.

jackson drops his hands from jaebum cheeks. "thank you, seunie," they both smile. the younger already knows what he's thanking him for.

"you're welcome, hyung."

silence falls in the room. it's not a comfortable silence. more like a 'who's going to bring it up first' silence. if that makes sense.

the older cleared his throat. "seunie, i deeply apologize for missing your birthday. i'm sorry for not being able to even call you. i know i said i was going to take you out but i got shot. and youngjae took my phone because, and i quote, "need rest and no stress," like who has time to rest and not stress nowadays?" jaebum finished with a confused look. jackson just giggled.

"it's okay, i'm just glad you're okay." jackson smiles.

the other does the same. "once i get better, i'll take you out."

jackson decided to tease his hyung. "like a date?" he bats his eyelashes.

"um, yeah exactly," jaebum eyes the other weirdly. "the hell are you doing?"

"well my plan was to tease you about the date, but that plan backfired because you gave in so easily. so i'm just going to continue batting my eyelashes so i won't look dumb," jackson said continued doing what he said.

jaebum scoffed. "well, your second plan didn't seem to work."

the younger stopped. "excuse me?" he questioned standing up and walking around the bed.

jaebum kinda got scared. shit shit shit, why did i say that? he eyed jackson's movements. he is now climbing onto the opposite side of the bed. "what are you doing, jackson ah?" he gulped nervously.

jackson didn't say anything. it was like that for a few seconds before he quickly grabbed one of the olders pillows and hit him with it.

jaebum was left in pure shock. didn't even realize that he was getting hit over and over again. he was snapped out of his thoughts by jackson's giggles.

the older smiled so hard that his eyes were smiling. what am i going to do with this boy? jaebum thought as he also grabbed a pillow.

a/n

i know i'm late but can we talk about jb's ponytail though 🙈
and also Thursday is such a cute song, i can't- 😭💛