Ch 56

I wake up with a massive headache, I slowly open my eyes, my surroundings blurry but then come into focus. I see that the bed I'm laying on is surrounded by a group of people. I don't take a good look as I focus on the shackles that I'm restricted by on the headboard trying to break out of them violently.

"Good call on the shackles Charles." This hairy blue guy says.

"Calm down we aren't going to hurt you." The man whose name is Charles says calmly.

"Don't tell me to calm down! You guys threatened innocent people! You guys shot me! You guysss aren't Russian." I say noticing this is a different group of people.

"Who are you guys?" I ask standoffish nodding at them.

"I'm Charles Xavier and you are in my school, Charles Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters and these are the X Men." He says motioning to the others.

*Charles is the older version*

"How did I get here?" I ask confused.

"We saw that you were in danger getting kidnapped by those Russian gangsters so we intervened and brought you here for safety." Charles explains and a small silence falls over us.

He then places one hand over the other on his lap.

"You're a mutant." He comments.

"How'd you know?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"I can sense other mutants." He says.

"Other?" I ask and take a better look at the others.

"You're all mutants?" I ask and they all nod.

The hairy blue guy comes over.

"We're the good guys." He says then unlocks the shackles letting me free.

"I've had my eye on you for a while Mason." Charles says as I rub my wrists.

I run my fingers through my hair but when it slips out sooner than usual I pause sticking my lips out waiting for an explanation.

"We kinda had to cut your hair so we could sew in the stitches." This red head woman says.

"Stitches? I heal on my own." I say.

"You weren't healing, the bullet you were struck with was some kind of homemade adamantium knock off. They wanted to kill you Mason." The hairy blue guy says.

"We also healed you from the poision in your blood stream." Charles says and I lift up my shirt to see my skin is clear again but then I pause.

"Woah wait, I never said my name." I say realizing they've said it twice now.

I immediately get up from the bed and away from the 5 people.

"Alright tell me who the hell you guys are and how do you know me!" I grit pointing between all of them.

"You're Mason Rogers, who doesn't know you? This red head woman speaks making me scoff.

"We want you to be the leader of the X Men." Charles says still in his calm demeanor.

"A l-leader?" I ask taken back.

"Yes we want you to lead this team." He nods.

"I- I don't want to step on any toes-

"Nonsense we all want you to lead." The guy with a visor says.

"But you guys don't even know me." I chuckle.

"But we do Mace." The red head woman responds.

"How do you know my nickname?" I ask confused.