Ch 19

I pull up to the tower in my new truck with the suit still on. I turn the ignition off taking out the keys with a sigh.

"FRIDAY tell Tony to come down with the others." I speak up at my watch.

"Right away Mason."

I get out of my truck and lean against it waiting for the others to come down.

"What's up Rogers?" Tony asks coming out with the rest at a distance.

"Where'd you get the truck?" Sam asks and I chuckle.

They then come closer looking at my outfit and truck.

"Seriously Mason?" Clint asks confused.

"That's Commander Rogers to you agent." I say feigning seriousness.

Faces of realization wash over them but not all at once which was amusing. I point towards the A on my suit.

"No..." Wanda says in disbelief piecing it together and I nod laughing.

"Yes! You're welcome everyone." Tony cheers coming over by my side placing an arm around my shoulders.

"So you're seriously an Avenger?" Natasha asks.

"Yup and I'll be helping SHIELD too." I nod and she smiles.

"They gave you a truck?" Sam asks looking over at it.

"Not exactly it's a replacement of the one I had." I say and him along with Clint rush over to check it out making me laugh.

"That's great news Mace." Bucky nods with a smile.

"Thanks Buck." I nod.

"What did you mean when you said commander Mason?" Vision asks curiously.

"Oh well Fury says that I'm a level 9 agent commander or something." I shrug.

"Woah that's right under Fury." Tony says.

"I'm not really into titles though, I just did it to mess with bird boy Clint." I tease looking over at him as he's pretending to drive in the driver's seat.

"Hey." He whines looking over at me.

"Glad to have you on the team." Tony smiles placing a hand on my shoulder.

"This means you'll stop pestering me about joining." I chuckle.

"Don't worry I'll find something else to pester you about." He shrugs making the others laugh.

"This calls for a celebration! Pizza and alcohol!" Tony says leading us back inside.

I stop Natasha as the others go ahead.

"How are you feeling? I kinda just left you." I ask looking down rubbing the back of my neck.

"You did. But I'm fine, it'll leave a gnarly scar though. Bye bye bikinis." She sighs.

"Yeah I'm sure you look terrible in them." I say sarcatically and she smiles.

"So what's your motive?" She suddenly asks catching me off guard.

"What do you mean?" I ask looking over to my truck.

"You told me just yesterday that you wouldn't join because you had no motive and now you're an Avenger and a level 9 SHIELD agent or should I say commander?" She explains.

"I just thought I can help." I shrug not meeting her eyes.

"Mason it's me, you can tell me why you wanted to join the organzition you seemed to want nothing to do with." She says and I take a step foward looking down at her.