Ch 33

"Hey Mace, wake up." I hear with a small nudge making me groan.

"Shhhh." I shush waving whoever it is away.

"Come on Mace." The person whines making me slowly open my eyes and look who was waking me up.

"Bucky? What are you doing here?" I ask sitting up still tired.

"I want us to hang out today. You know, just us being pals again." He says and I squint sleepily looking at my watch.

"Dude it's 5 in the morning." I say laying back down.

"Well I had to get to you before you ran off somewhere. Pleeeaaasee." He says.

"Just us?" I ask sighing tiredly.

"Yes." He nods immediately.

"*sighs* Fine." I sigh pulling my blanket to the side getting up.

"Great! I'll be waiting down in the living room." He smiles and leaves the room.

I changed and met up with Bucky. We left the tower and went off to Brooklyn which surprised me when he said he wanted to go there. Not alot of places were open since it was barely gonna be 6 in the morning which we didn't mind. After it was a reasonable hour and shops were open we walked and talked catching up on the time we missed and we were now eating hot dogs and joking around.

"So *takes bite* why'd you want to hang out today?" I ask as we walk down the streets.

"Because you're right. We haven't hung out since you moved in and I miss it. We were best friends and we drifted apart. Sorry I let you down." He says sincerely.

"It's all good Buck." I shrug off and he looks down silently chewing on his hot dog.

"Soo...were you ever gonna tell me you and Nat are together?" He asks casually making me cough.

"What?" I ask taken back and he just gives me an amused 'really' look.

"All right how'd you know." I sigh since I can't lie to him, he knows me to well.

"I started having my own thoughts but really placed the pieces together when you two left to meet with Peter the other day." He explains.

"We're not dating Buck." I shake my head making him look at me confused.

"We're just messing around you know, like friends with benefits." I drag out and he sighs.

"Does anyone know?" He asks softly.

"Clint and Wanda but no one else can know. Don't say a word." I tell him seriously.

"Not even Steve?" He asks in a whine and my eyes widen.

"Especially Steve, Buck. Not a word." I tell him and he hesitantly agrees.

"Do you like her?" He asks.

"We're just messing around." I shrug not looking around.

"Mace.." He says seriously and I sigh before looking at a familiar building ahead.

"Look it's the candy store, let's go." I say changing the subject leading the way.

Hours Later, Avengers Tower

Bucky and I make it back to the tower our hands full of sweets and other stuff still laughing and joking around all the way up the elevator until we get to the living room.

"Where have you guys been all day?" Natasha asks in a worried tone when we walk in.

"We went to Brooklyn." I answer as our laughter dies down.