Ch 34

*This is going to be a montage chapter of Mason starting to be nicer to Steve*

We were in a team meeting going through a mission brief.

"We should split up and each take over an entrance so they are crowded in. Sam, Tony and I can take the North. Thor, Vision and Wanda the South. Bucky and Mason the West. Clint and Nat the East with Bruce keeping us updated through the monitors." Steve speaks his mind.

"Good plan, Steve." I nod complimenting him.

Everyone looks at Mason shocked.

"Thanks, Mason." Steve nods hesitantly smiling.

"Oh kay, we'll do that." Tony says as we move on to the next objective.

-

*Different Mission. Clint, Natasha, Steve and Mason*

"Alright what are we doing again?" I ask through my helmet's com.

"I could've sworn you were at the mission's briefing." Clint says sarcastically making the others chuckle.

"Ha ha ha." I respond unamused.

"Alright alright." Steve interrupts with a smile.

"Steve stop if you keep walking in that direction you're going to get surrounded." Natasha says seriously.

I then hear a distant boom.

"*coughing* Too late." I hear Steve rasp.

"Shit, I'm on my way." I say but he tells me otherwise.

"No Mace you have to get what we came for." He says and I groan.

"Damn it." I grit quickly going to a control room to download the confidental files we needed.

I hear Steve's grunts and groans through my ear piece. I stuff the USB in my pocket then bolt to where Steve was. I make my entrance by throwing my shield knocking out alot of our enemies out and jumping down from the second floor where I was coming from.

"Your worst Knightmare is here bitches." I say catching my shield landing cleanly on one knee and they start shooting at me

"Language." Steve says as he gets up and starts beating the others.

"I got black I got white what you want?" I sing to myself breaking a guys jaw with my shield.

"I got red I got blue what you want?" I continue with a smirk seeing Steve using his shield.

We continue until everyone is down on the floor. Steve and I stand next to eachother.

"One thing you'll learn fast boys is don't mess with a Rogers, there's two of us." I say looking around at all the unconcious bodies.

"Come on." I nod to Steve leading us out and to the quinjet that was a far walk away.

"You okay little bro?" I ask him as he's quiet.

"Yeah thanks for having my back, back there." He nods looking over to me.

"Eh it was nothing, besides if I didn't Nat and Clint would get on my ass." I joke.

"We heard that." Natasha's voice comes through the coms making us chuckle.

-

Present

Sam, Steve, Clint and I were hanging out in the living room playing the video game Street Fighter. Clint and Sam thought it would be funny to have the two "fossils" play against eachother to see who would win but what they don't know is I would play video games with Peter all the time.