Ch 16

After my desk was nicely cleaned and organized Tony had to go to some meetings or something so I was in the lab by myself. I brought over my shield and started working on syncing it with my tech. I had my glasses on as they really helped a lot. Tony really out does himself.

"You are very bright with this century's technology despite being from 1947 Ms.Rogers." FRIDAY comments through the specs.

"Thank you FRIDAY, and you can just call me Mason." I tell her.

"Duly noted Mason." She responds.

"Tony this package came for you." Natasha says walking into the lab.

"He's not here." I say not looking up from my shield.

"But if it's small it's most likely the stupid phone he ordered me." I continue.

"Stupid phone?" She asks in an amused tone.

"When I told him I didn't have one he insisted that I should have one for emergencies and bought it much to my disagreement." I sigh still not having looked up at her.

"Well for once I agree with Stark. You need to have one for emergencies- wait then how did you call him the other day?" She asks.

"I hacked cell phone satellites and connected my smart watch to their signal." I shrug.

"That is so illegal." She says making me slightly chuckle.

"I adapt to survive Ms.Romanoff. Illegal or not." I state simply finally looking up leaning back in my chair talking off my glasses setting them on the table.

She takes a seat on my desk.

"Well you need to be careful Mace." She shakes her head.

"I know." I nod looking down.

"Something's bothering you." She comments her gaze lingering on me.

"No." I shake my head taking the package from the table opening it.

"It was a statement not a question." She says.

"Nothing's bothering me." I say opening another box which contained the phone.

"Since this morning. Something has been on your mind." She continues.

"Just drop it Natasha." I sigh turning the iPhone on.

"Oh now I'm Natasha? Do I have to get you mad for you to call me by my first name?" She asks crossing her arms raising an eyebrow at me.

"I'm not mad." I shake my head.

"Besides I don't have to tell you anything." I say standing up to stretch, my shirt riding up a bit.

"Is that right?" She asks her eyes wandering down.

"*clears throat* yeah." I say pulling my shirt down with a slight blush.

Natasha gets up from my desk and walks over to me.

"Keeping things bottled up isn't healthy." She says.

"You're one to talk. You don't say much either." I scoff under my breath.

"I have my reasons." She states stepping a bit closer as she looks up at me, her green eyes looking into my blue ones.

"And I have mine." I say coming out as a whisper.

We just stare into eachother's eyes as if they were having a conversation of their own. She brings her hand up and delicatly holds my necklace between her fingers.