Ch 8

Previously

"Mason are you okay?!" Peter says rushing into my apartment with a frying pan in hand followed by May.

"Oh my god Mason, your apartment.." May gasps looking around.

"Why are the Avengers here?" Peter asks lowering the pan he had in his hands.

"Friends of yours Ms.Rogers?" Fury asks making me close my eyes at his use of my name.

"Rogers? You told us your last name was Tribbiani." May says crossing her arms.

"I know-

"Were you lying to us the whole time?" May asks.

"Kinda only-

"Let's go Peter." May says grabbing him by the shoulders leading them out.

"May wait!" I say pulling them into the kitchen.

"Why did you lie to us? Even about your name. Is Mason your name? Or are you lying about that too?" She asks sassily.

"Well if I told you I was a super soldier born in 1918 you wouldn't believe me now would you?" I whisper yell.

"What?!" She exclaims.

"So are you related to Steve Rogers?" Peter asks.

"*sighs* Yes, technically he's related to me since I'm his older sister and my name is Mason." I say still in a small tone.

"Are you telling them? You can't go off telling people." Fury says.

"Back off Fury you said my real name now I have to explain." I tell him over my shoulder.

"Look I've been caught up with some bad people and I don't want to put you guys in danger-" I say returning my attention to the pair.

"Are you an Avenger?" Peter asks interrupting me.

"No." I shake my head.

"I told you to stay out of trouble." May says.

"Yes well these people have been after me since before you were born." I give a tight lip smile.

"I can't believe this is happening." She shakes her head.

"I don't want to interrupt this lovely conversation but we need to get you somewhere safe." Natasha tells me coming over to us.

"Natalie? What is she doing here?" May asks me.

I open my mouth to answer but Natasha beats me to it.

"Actually I'm Natasha Romanoff I work for an organization called SHIELD and an Avenger." She explains and May is again, surprised.

"Great, another liar." May rolls her eyes.

"That's Black Widow, you didn't know that?" Peter asks looking at May and she isn't amused.

"We lie to keep others safe May, I'm sorry you found out this way." I say and she softens slightly.

"You could've just told me Mason." She says.

"I didn't want to put you guys in danger. Look *sighs* I'm going to have to cut ties for a little while, while I sort this out." I tell them and they nod.

"Are you going to be okay?" Peter asks.

"I'll be fine Pete." I nod.

He comes over to hug me and I hug him back.

"Call us when you're safe and when you need anything." May says coming over to hug me too.

"I will, and if you ever feel in danger call me when I give you a number for me when ever that is." I chuckle and she smiles.