Ch 2

"Mason Alexander Rogers, born July 4, 1918. How is it that you're here in the 21st century?" The guy with the eye patch asks as I'm once again in the interrogation room.

"I. Don't. Know." I say.

He asks me multiple questions but I just stay quiet, the guys phone then buzzes and he steps out.

"I'm in deep shit now." I mumble to myself rubbing my eyes with one hand then pinch the bridge of my nose.

I hear the door open but don't even bother looking up.

"Mace?" I hear and my head snaps up.

"B-Buck?" I ask not believing my eyes as I stand up.

He rushes to me with glossy eyes hugging me.

"Is it really you?" I ask.

"I should be asking you that." He chuckles.

We seperate looking at each other, we then do our complicated handshake and when we do it successfully we smile.

"It is you!" We say at the same time laughing hugging each other again.

"You look different.." He says looking at me up and down as we seperate.

"It's a long story." I chuckle.

The door opens again.

"Agent Barnes what are you doing in here?" The guy with an eye patch.

"I had to see if the rumors were true for myself sir." Bucky responds.

"Well you're interrupting an interrogation, resume what you were doing before." The guy says and Bucky goes to walk away but I hold his shoulder stopping him.

"If you want me to talk, I'll talk to Bucky." I say looking at the guy.

He looks between us then leaves without another word.

"Ballsy, you haven't changed." Bucky chuckles going to sit on the other side of the table.

"Who even is that guy?" I ask looking to where he walked off.

"That is Nick Fury, Director of SHIELD." He responds and I nod.

I look back at him to see him already staring at me with a smile on his face.

"What?" I ask with a smile of my own.

"I- I just can't believe you're here." He says still smiling.

"How?" He asks and I get serious a bit sighing.

"After you two "died and disappeared" I was alone. A series of events happened that lead me up to getting injected with the super serum." I start.

"That's why you look different." He comments.

"Yeah I'm ripped now." I chuckle flexing my right arm.

"How is it that you're here now?" He asks.

"I don't know *shrugs* my last mission, I barely remember next thing I know I'm washing up a river outside the city. I come and it's completely different, lost I did my own thing." I shrug.

"The shield and flashdrive what's the story with that?" He asks.

"The shield, Howard Stark made it for me. We became close *smiles* he gave me a chance when no one else believed I could do this because of my condition." I say and he knows what condition I'm talking about.

"And the flashdrive, it's in this." I start, holding my necklace.

"Peggy gave it to me. I didn't know it had a flashdrive until today." I reply honestly.