SS!Link x Reader - Growing Wings

Start from the beginning

You giggled and jumped in front of him, sticking your tongue out at him. "You can't stop me! I'm uncontrollable!"

"Yeah, that's the problem..."

You rolled your eyes and went back to walking beside him. "Oh relax. I've learned my lesson. No more putting my life in danger for my nonexistent loftwing." You even crossed your heart to emphasize your sincerity.

"I don't trust that, but I don't have a choice. Dinner is starting soon." Link said, slowing his feet to a stop. He went to leave but suddenly turned back to you with a shining grin. "You're welcome to join me if you want."

You giggled and pushed him playfully. "Are you coming onto me?" You asked jokingly. "Because I won't say NO, but I don't know if I should say yes." Link rolled his eyes and pulled you into a warm embrace. "Thanks for today, I really appreciate you watching out for me." You said sweetly.

"Well, someone has to." He teased. "Don't do something dumb while I'm gone, please." And then, completely out of left field, Link bowed his head down and brushed his lips against your forehead.

"I-!" You quickly pulled away and stared at Link in awe. He was giving you a warm smile with a light blush adorning his cheeks. Meanwhile, your face was completely on fire. You felt like a fish out of water, but you somehow pulled yourself together just long enough for one sentence. "I-I'll try to try." You joked with a little smile of your own.

As soon as Link was gone, you sat in front of the statue in complete shock. What just happened? Was that him trying to make a pass, or was he just being friendly? Was he just trying to make you feel better? Are you reading too far into this?

The sun had long since set by the time your mind calmed down. Now, you sat under the Goddess Statue that was bathed in the moonlight. It was quiet except for the soft wind blowing through the trees nearby.

You suddenly yawned and stretched your arms, realizing it's time to go back to your dorm room. So, you pulled yourself up to your feet and took your first few steps back to town. But then you stopped, clenching your fists. With a turn on your heel, you glared up at the stone statue.

"Hylia..." You began with gritted teeth. "I don't know what I've down to deserve any of this, but if you honestly think I'm going to sit here like a loyal dog and beg for your forgiveness, then you'd better re-evaluate, Lady. Go to hell." Once you had finished your heated rant, you took a deep breath and walked away.

A gust of wind forced you to stumble forward, nearly making you fall on your face. Then you turned your head to see what happened. A gasp briefly escaped your lips and you nearly collapsed at the sight before you.

Ruffling its feathers in an annoyed manner, an ivory-colored loftwing stared at you with piercing golden eyes. It tilted its head in curiosity, and its eyes hypnotically beckoned you. Your already quiet surroundings went completely still. It was like the entire world was completely frozen. Only you and your bird remained.

You took a hesitant step forward.

Some people believe a loftwing is the spirit of one's ancestor. They were reborn as a bird to guide their descendants down the right path.

Another step, and now you were stretching your hand out towards it.

Others say they represent one's other half of themselves. And once the two meet, together they become whole.

Your hand was now lightly brushing against the side of its face. The bird, in turn, rubbed its cheek into your palm sweetly. Looking into those shining yellow eyes, it felt like the world was clear. The fog had lifted and you could see everything in a new light.