Young!Muzu x Reader Part 3 - Engaging in Confrontation

(2,546 words)

One of these days, I'll be consistent with my uploading, I swear. I'm just a tired boi all the time. Someone said it's because I'm anemic, but I guess I'll have to look into that. :P

So, this might be the last oneshot for the young Muzu series, I'm not sure yet. And I did decide to keep this one more lighthearted as well because I just don't want to write the reader dying like I originally intended, so.

Also, I just finished the cover for my Divine Intervention story, as well as about four chapters of it, so I'll probably be updating you on that in the near future!

Anyways, enjoy!

~~

In the large library, a girl stared intensely at a small pamphlet. If Muzu looked over your shoulder, he could make out a collection of gems sketched on the pages. (Name) wasn't a feminine woman. You were so enthralled by your science that you never really had time to care about things like jewelry and clothes. So the green Zora was confused as to why you were intent on looking at them this past week.

"(Name), what are you doing?" Muzu wondered from behind.

You jumped in surprise before shoving the pamphlet into your white coat pocket and turning to him nervously. "That... is a very good question. One that I cannot answer." You replied slowly, not making eye contact.

Muzu stared at you curiously. You were the type of person to jump at the chance to answer any and all questions. You loved informing people whenever you could. But lately, you weren't in the mood to answer any of his questions "And why not?"

"Becauuuse... Well, I just can't!" You huffed, puffing out your cheeks like a child. "In science, that is an appropriate response!"

Muzu snorted. "Yeah, if you want to get fired."

"Err..." You looked away nervously before getting angry again. "H-Hey! I'm the scientist here!"

"Yeah, speaking of which, I got that book you've been asking for." You pulled out a thick leatherback book from behind his back and handed it to you. Your eyes lit up luminous stones at the sight of it.

"The limited edition ancient Zora scales and Rito feather fossils research novel by Robert Cheri?" You asked excitedly. Why a book needs such a long title is beyond anyone's comprehension, but you didn't care.

"Uh, yeah. I asked Dorephan to help me and he just got it last night."

You put the book on the shelf behind you and quickly jumped into Muzu's arms. "Thank you so much!"

His cheeks burned with an embarrassed blush, and he smiled kindly at you. "I uh, yeah well, it was nothing!"

You gave him a quick peck on the cheek before hopping down and snatching your book from the shelf. "I'm gonna go read this, so if you don't see me for the rest of the night, I'll probably be in my room. Bye!" You were quick with your words as you ran down the aisle and out the door; Leaving Muzu to stand alone in confused silence.

The next few days went back to normal like the strange event in the library never even happened. The two of you would relax together in the library or go up to Ploymus Mountain. And even though Muzu did see some strange behavior during your time together, he thought nothing of it.

But when he couldn't find you in the library a week later, he got concerned.

He quickly searched for you in your usual spots. The library, your room, and occasionally the kitchen. Finally, he went outside to check the mountain when he spotted you down the stairs by the clear fountain. He should've known to check there as well since you did like the way the water flowed. Though, you always did talk about how it missing something; a statue, perhaps.