Legend of Excalibur Pt 1

(Y/N) pov

(Y/N): Excalibur is the legendary sword of King Arthur he united the kingdoms to fight against a common enemy, the Grimm. But it's just a myth, right?

Ozpin: Yes, but what if I were to tell you that the legend and the sword are real and somewhere hidden in Vale.

(Y/N): I would probably call you crazy, but then you have told us weirder stuff before.

Qrow: It's true, the sword exists. But it's location was lost along with Arthur's death.

(Y/N): So what do you need me for?

Ozpin: We need you to find it.

Ozpin pulls out some old manuscripts and places them on his desk. I get up to look at them as Ozpin explains what they are.

Ozpin: These are old manuscripts from the time of Arthur, we believe that the key to finding Excalibur is in here but none of us can read it.

(Y/N): I think my old man might have left something that can help us, but that means going home to where I lost my family.

Ozpin: We do not plan on letting you go this path alone, Qrow and Glynda have agreed to go with you just in case you come across something terrible.

Qrow and Goodwitch both nod at me. One question lingers, I sigh and look at Ozpin.

(Y/N): Why me though? I can't be the only one capable of taking this mission or even weilding this sword should we find it.

Ozpin: Maybe not, but from what I have seen from the battle at the docks, the Village evacuation, and just by how your teammates hold you in high regard. I can't think of anyone more worthy than you young man.

Qrow: I mean hell, I've only known you for a few minutes and everything Oz, and my nieces told me about you is true.

Glynda: You emulate not just what a huntsman or huntress should be, but what everyone should strive toward. An ideal.

Ozpin: Not a perfect soldier, but a good man. I will have a bullhead ready to take you...

(Y/N): That won't be necessary. We can get there on horseback and be there by dinner.

Ozpin: Very well. don't let me keep you then. Good luck.

(Y/N): *turn to Qrow and Glynda* Meet me on the edge of the city with everything you'll need.

Qrow and Glynda nod at me and I head back down to my dorm to get my gear together. As soon as I am ready I head down to the stable and (H/N)'s armor and saddle on. (H/N) could sense my nervousness and proceeds to try to comfort me.

(H/N): *low whinny*

(Y/N): We are going home. So, yeah nervous.

(H/N): *whinnies*

(Y/N): Thanks bud, I'm okay. Let's just get this over with.

I mount (H/N) and head to the edge of the city where Qrow and Glynda are waiting.

Qrow: Ready kid?

(Y/N): Let's do this. HYAH!

(H/N) takes off to the southwest with Glynda and Qrow close behind me.

Timeskip Somwhere southwest of Vale

     We are at the halfway point in the trek, as we come across a river, I signal the others to slow down.

(Y/N): We'll take a break here. See to your horses first.

Glynda and I dismount our horses with ease while Qrow gets bucked off and can't walk right.