Climbing to her feet, She headed up the stairs to the small room she was given, Maya hot on her heels. They couldn't give her much but it was enough; the room had a twin-sized bed, a dresser, and a lamp.

The Alpha had Olivia and Maya go shopping for her and they chose at random. Thin shirts that didn't block out the cold, ridiculously colored sweaters, pants that were too long or too tight, one pack of underwear that brought four, and a sports bra. 

She made quick work of dressing, pulling on a pair of jeans that came to the closest to fitting; it was long and she had to roll it up several times but it was a bit snug so they didn't fall. She pulled on two layers of the thin long-sleeve shirts and a tie-dye sweater that was becoming worn from use. The sneakers she slipped on were a gift from Sophie and, luckily, fit. 

Once dressed, she followed Maya down the stairs and to the back door where she handed her a roll of garbage bags.

"Better make it quick, runt, it's getting cold out," she winked and then threw open the door, shoving her out.

Snow covered the ground and just about every inch that Leanna could see, the frosty air biting at her fingers and face. She rushed over to where the bonfire had been held, which was quite a bit of a distance, and started throwing the cups and food into the bags. 

Wolves normally would be fine in this kind of weather; they had higher body temperature than humans and their Wolf usually offered a bit more warmth. But since arriving, Leanna's wolf hadn't made herself known. It's like, with her memory gone, so was her wolf. She couldn't shift and couldn't communicate with her wolf. She healed faster than a human but far much slower than a wolf.

It was why the wolfsbane and silver had taken so long to clear out and why her tolerance for any kind physical activity was nonexistent. She tired easily and Maya knew this.

The snow was beginning to fall and she shivered, trying to clean up as quick as she could. Her fingertips were completely white and her teeth started to clatter.

"You look a bit chilly there!" Maya called and she rolled her eyes.

"R-really? I f-fe-feel pret-ty f-fucking w-warm!" She stuttered, tying up the bag in her hands.

"Give me lip again and I'll let the Alpha know you aren't cooperating!" 

She gritted my teeth against another response and grabbed another empty can.

By the time Leanna was done she was coated in sweat but so cold, her ribs hurt from shivering. Rushing toward the house, she threw open the door, the warmth quickly encasing her. She sighed in relief and leaned against the counter, her fingers pulsing with pain as blood began to flow through them again.

"You are so fucking lazy, runt!" Maya screamed and she jumped. "Clean the damn ballroom or I'll get the Alpha on your ass!"

She bit my lip, holding in a comment, and followed her toward the ballroom. The room was extravagant and large with a beautiful chandelier hanging from the center of the ceiling. Throughout the room, candles hung down from the ceiling and though they weren't lit, the sight alone was breathtaking.

"Start from that far corner, and work your way over here. I want the floor clean enough to eat food off of and I want to be able to see myself, got it?" She snapped and she met her dark eyes, tilting her head to the side.

"I thought only people with a soul could see their reflections?"

Leanna was on the floor before she realized what had happened, her ears ringing and the left side of her face pulsating with pain. Her vision blurred for a moment and when she looked up, Maya had a dangerous look on her face, her eyes black and wolf fangs extended.