thirty-eight

"Let's go and fight! You versus me!"

And that's how I ended up here. In my sports uniform, standing between Hanta and Denki, fighting against the blond third year known as Togata Mirio.

"So, who's up first?" Togata asked.
"Me! I'd like to go!" Midoriya yelled.
"That's not like you, Midoriya!" Kirishima exclaimed.

"Oh, the problem child!" Togata said, "sounds great! You've got quite the enthusiasm!"
Midoriya leapt forwards, flickering with teal energy.

I fired up, rolling my shoulders and grinning deviously.
"This'll be fun," I smirked, looking around at everything. Suddenly, Jirou screamed. I looked back at Togata, seeing him completely naked.

I gasped and turned my back. I could hear w snort from beside me.
"Shut up!" I elbowed him, "I don't want to see... that!"

"Righto! Long range attackers first!" Togata yelled. Jirou screamed again and dodged away. I whipped around and shot, my bullets went straight through him. A wave of horror overcame me, only for a split second, until I realised that he was alright.

"Is this guy invincible or something?!" I yelled.
"Aw, stop!" Togata replied.

He suddenly disappeared into the floor. Mu head snapped around and he was flying at Midoriya, who was already back kicking at him.

"Boy, do I have a killer move for you!" he shouted, "Blinding Touch."
"Midoriya?!" Iida called.

.
.
.

So, uh, he won. I was back at the dorms, texting my mom.

mom
UA's top students? Wow!

me
i know right! it was
super tough, and i had
to get one of my classmates
to massage my shoulders
afterwards

mom
Was it Hanta ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

me
MOM WHO TAUGHT YOU
THAT EMOTICON

mom
Nobody, why?

me
ughhhh
why does everyone tease
me about hanta?

mom
Do you know that
diary that you 'lost'
when you were eleven?

me
yeah

mom
The one with all the
cute fantasies?

me
MOM WHY
DID YOU SERIOUSLY
READ IT

mom
It's with me right now
You're a talented writer
but it's all about Hanta
You didn't even know
what he was like when
you were eleven, [Y/N]

me
it's not what it looks
like i swear to all might

mom
It's okay to have feelings!
You don't have to hide it
from me, [Y/N]
I'm your mother!

"Feelings about what?" Hanga chirped from behind me. I accidentally threw my phone out of surprise, it landing on the cushion next to Mina. Yaoyorozu was kneeling on the floor and Bakugou was the trash man. Tetsuya was helping him gather rubbish.

Mina picked up my phone and started scrolling through it, and I was powerless against her.
"Nothing!" I said to Hanta, "I don't have feelings— I mean, I do, but not about—... oh, psh."

"Yeah, I get it," he chuckled, scratching the nape of his neck. Mina smirked up at me, and my face went redder and redder.
"Ha, [Y/N], are you okay?" Denki asked, "you face has gone all red."

He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. I looked around at everyone staring at me.
"Mina, can we talk?" I walked over, grabbed her wrist and yanked her up, pulling her into the hall.

"So you used to write fanfiction? About Sero?" she asked. i rubbed my arm.
"I was eleven, in my defence," I said, "and it wasn't really fanfiction as much as it was 'oh, what if Sero swept in and scared off all the mean kids and then we held hands!'"

Mina looked at me for a minute or two and I could feel her stare on me, although I was avoiding eye contact.
"There's something there for him, isn't there?" she asked, "you can trust me with your secrets. I won't tell, I pinkie swear."

She held out her pinkie, like Denki and I used to do when we stole Hanta's lunch. I joined pinkies with her.
"There is..." I looked at my feet, "I... I-I think there always has been."
"I knew it!" she squealed.

"It was just something that Deku said to me yesterday..." I sighed, "about Hanta, obviously..."
"We need a code name for him!" Mina's yellow eyes lit up, "Tape Man."
"He'll guess, moron. Just don't say his name and we'll be good," I sighed.

"So... you admit you have feelings for him?" Mina asked.
"i—... um, I guess," I replied, face warming up.
"Yep. You do," she grinned, "here's your phone."

She gave me my phone back. It was currently wearing a Crimson Riot themed phone case.
"Wanna head back to the common room?" I asked.
"Yeah!" Mina grinned, linking arms with me.

We walked back in.
"But— but— why here?! Why now?!" she yelled at me dramatically. I blinked. everyone looked over.
"Isn't now the best time, my dear?" I replied quietly.

"I love me some girl-on-girl action!" a lisped voice exclaimed - Mineta.
"Ew!" I exclaimed.
"Girl-on-girl action?! Weirdo!" Mina said. I nodded in agreement.

"Don't mind him. What'd you and Mina talk about?" Denki pulled me back to the couch.
"Stuff," I replied, "girl stuff. Things you don't wanna know about. Because we're girls."

Denki let go of my arm, recoiling.
"Oh," is all he said.

.
.
.

I was sat in class, not listening to Aizawa.

Bakugou was yelling at Tetsuya, who was yelling back. I was staring at the back of Midoriya's head. Nothing much happened that day, or the next few.

But then came... the weekend.

I was sitting cross-legged, eating cereal. I was still quite groggy, eyes weary and brimmed with rheum.
"Yo — [Y/N], you're spilling your cereal," Tetsuya said through her toothbrush.

"If you kept on we'd be able to see through your shirt and then we could—" Mineta started, but Denki elbowed him.
"Dude, that's my best friend. Where are your standards at?" he said.

Midoriya raced past.
"Good morning Mid—" Denki started.
"Morning!" the green-haired boy sprinted away. My cereal flew out of my hands as he ran past. The cornflakes were scattered on the floor, milk pooling around the upturned bowl.

I stared for a solid ten seconds before howling loudly.
"NO!"