one

I'm Irezumi [Y/N], daugher of the pro hero Kamikaze and a painter.

"Please, doctor, she's six years old! She should have something by now!" my father, Irezumi Ryouhou, pleaded.
"I'm sorry, but there is little to no chance of your daughter developing a quirk," the doctor replied.

At that moment, my world came crashing down. No quirk. No quirk. What was I going to tell Hanta and Denki?

"There must be something you can do!" my mother, Irezumi Kyouki, pleaded.
"I'm sorry, ma'am. The only thing I can think of is a facility all the way in the town of Toyama. The journeys there every single time would be long and tiring," the doctor sighed.

I'm not going to be a hero. I wanted to be just like my mom. She was the number six hero, Kamikaze. Her quirk was called Guns. She could summon any type of gun from thin air and use it against her enemies, which made her popular.

My father was an artist, and his quirk was called Paint. Pretty simple, right? He could shoot paint balls from his fingertips, so he was rather famous for his splatter patterns and made good money from it.

My mom, dad and the doctor started discussing something quietly, and they all turned to me.
"[Y/N], Flower, I'm going to take you home, okay?" my mom said, using the nickname she always had for me.

I sniffled and nodded, taking hold of her hand as she walked me out.
"Mommy... will I ever get to be like you?" I asked.
"What do you mean, Flower?" she replied.
"A hero. I—if I don't have a quirk," my voice wobbled.

"Flower, you can be whatever you want to be, quirk or not," she leant in as we reached the car, "let me tell you a secret. Not even All Might had a quirk, but he still followed his dreams. Look where he got!"

My eyes widened in wonder.
"Really?" I gasped.
"Yes, Flower. But you didn't hear that from me," she winked as she spoke, starting up the car, "All Might would kill me if he knew I told his secret to my own daughter."

"Yes, mommy," I replied, smiling. I would become a hero, I know I would.

.
.
.

I hopped out of the car and started jumping from foot to foot.
"Can we go see Hanta and Denki?" I grinned. She pretended to be thinking, putting a finger to her chin.
"Oh, why not! I'll call Hanta's mother and then we'll go and see them," she said.

Denki lived with Hanta and his mom as a foster family, because he came from an abusive home. He'd lived with them for almost two years, but us three were as close as family. They lived just down the street.

Mom called up Hanta's mother, Sero Byouki, and started talking. After a few minutes, she said goodbye and hung up.
"Byouki said we could go around for tea," she smiled.
"Yay!" I cheered, "let's race!"

I started running as fast as my six-year-old legs could carry me. Mom jogged behind me, letting me win. I made it to the Seros' front door first, giggling.

I started jumping for the doorbell, unable to reach. Mom pressed it instead, and there was a thud from the other side. A black-haired woman, Byouki, answered.

"Hi! Come on in," she smiled, "[Y/N] you've grown so big! When was the last time I saw you?"
"Tuesday, silly!" I giggled, "where are Hanta and Denki?"

"In the garden! I think they're waiting for you," Byouki said. I nodded and ran through the house, jumping through the back door to see Hanta and Denki sat in the grass.

"Hi!" I called, waving my arms, "Flex Tape! Sparky!"
"[Y/N]!" Denki and Hanta cheered, running over and hugging me.

"D'you really have to call me that?" Hanta whined.
"Yeah! I heard mommy say it once, so now I say it!" I grinned, "just like Sparky!"

"Because I am sparky!" Denki grinned, sparks lighting up around his hand briefly.
"Yeah, and you're flex tape—y!" I added, pointing a finger at Hanta.

"What can we call you then?" Hanta asked.
"Oh," I said, mood instantly dropping, "um, when I went to the doctor's, the doctor said I won't get a quirk."

There was an uncomfortable pause, until it was broken by none other than the yellow-haired boy sat beside me.
"Oh! I know!" Denki said, "your mommy calls you Flower, right?"
I nodded.
"Oh! We can call you Flower!" Hanta exclaimed.

My [E/C] eyes lit up.
"Okay!" I smiled, "what do you wanna play?"
"Oh, oh! Castle! Can we play castle again?" Denki cheered, "I wanna be the prince!"
"But Denki, you're always the prince! Can't you be the dragon?" Hanta whined.

"Because i can pick up [Y/N], so I get to save her from the dragon," Denki stated in a matter-of-factly tone.
"I can pick her up as well! look!" Hanta said. He put his arms around me and lifted me off the ground the slightest bit, before falling over. I landed on my feet, fortunately.

"Why don't I be the dragon, if you're gonna fight about it?" I butted in, "Hanta can be carried like a princess, and Denki can be the prince!"
"Yeah!" Denki grinned.

.
.
.

"Flower, it's time to go home," mom said, poking her head out into the garden. It had been a month since my appointment, where I'd be diagnosed as quirkless, and nearly every single day had my mom and dad let me play around Hanta and Denki's house.

"Aw, do I have to go?" I pouted, "five more minutes, please?"
"Nope!" mom smiled, "we have to go home."

"Okay..." I acquiesced, "bye-bye, Hanta, Denki!"
"See you tomorrow!" Hanta smiled.
"Yeah!" Denki nodded, waving his hand.

Mom picked me up in her arms and walked out of the door, proceeding to cross the empty lane and walk along the sidewalk.
"[Y/N], Flower," she said, "there's a surprise waiting for you at home."

"Really?" I squealed, "what is it?!"
"Can't tell you," mom teased, "that way, it wouldn't be a surprise."

She arrived at our front door and unlocked it. I leapt out of her arms and looked around excitedly. A lot of the furniture was in boxes, organised into the corner of the living room.

"What's in all these boxes? Are they for me?" I grinned. Dad walked down the stairs, wiping sweat from his forehead.
"Hey, Flower!" he said.
"Daddy!" I cheered, "are these boxes for me?"

He shared a look with mom.
"Flower, these boxes are our things. We're going to be moving house at the end of the week," he said. My face fell.
"Why?" I asked quietly.
"Because. There's a place that can help you get your quirk," mom said softly, "in a far away town in the countryside."

"But... what about Hanta? and Denki?" I asked.
"We'll by staying in touch with Byouki," dad replied.
"I don't want to leave!" I cried, "why isn't there a happy ending, like the fairytale stories?"

"Flower, you will have your happy ending," mom smiled, wiping my tears with her thumb, "how can you have a happy ending if your story's only just beginning?"