forty-eight

Before we knew it, September came to a close and October began. The last vestiges of summer faded away and the temperature difference became more drastic.

Our intern group, accompanied by All Might and Mr. Aizawa, went to Nighteye's funeral.

At the end of the conversation between the school and the hero office, the internship was postponed for the time being. Nighteye's office was taken over by his sidekick, Centipeder, while awaiting Togata's return. And Eri finally regained consciousness, though her psychological state is still unstable. Since it's still unclear whether she might lose control again, Aizawa told me we weren't allowed to have a face-to-face.

Moreover, Eri's quirk was found to originate from the horn on her forehead. That horn seemed to shrink with her fever. Now, it has shrunk to just about the size of a lump.

Math class with Mr. Ectoplasm really dragged on. I had Denki charging my phone in his pocket the entire time. Midoriya had answered a few questions very ferociously, and gotten them all wrong.

Aoyama and Midoriya had had a... strange, interaction, to say the least, and ever since then, it seemed that both Midoriya and a couple others which included myself, had been wary of Aoyama.

"Now then, for today, let's keep working on improving our super moves," Cementoss said, "previously, I charged you all with a 'two super move minimum.' Those who haven't met this goal yet will focus on development, and those who have will focus on even further improvements."

There was a yell and I whipped around to see Kirishima had torn into his Unbreakable Mode, Mina gasping in awe beside him.

"I'll train myself until I have attacks as good as the villains!" he began to march about, "and to do that... Bakugou! Tetsuya! Midoriya! Treat me like a sandbag and hit me to your heart's content!"

He bowed in front of the three as he spoke.
"That a joke?" Tetsuya folded her arms and grinned.

"Sorry, but I'm gonna be by myself..." Midoriya said uneasily.
"Understood!" Kirishima nodded stiffly.
"Kirishima, let me shoot you with my Howitzer," Bakugou spoke bluntly.
"Sounds good!" Kirishima grinned.
"You're gonna go flying through the building!" Tetsuya tacked on, striding over, "I'll join ya."

I spent the day training against Denki. He'd certainly gotten stronger, and it was a task avoiding his electricity. We also tested how much Hanta's tape could withstand, from my bullets to Mina's acid. It went pretty well into Kirishima flew back from a powerful kick from Tetsuya and cut straight through it like a hot knife through butter.

.
.
.

We were back in the classroom again.
"Look, look!" Mina announced, "look over here!"

And then, unexpectedly, she began to breakdance. I gave a whoop in encouragement, and Hanta and Hagakure waved their arms.
"Breaking, breakdance!" she exclaimed.

"Dancing is her hobby, huh?" Aoyama stroked his chin.
"If her skirt slips off, her panties might too!" Mineta lisped from beside him. Tetsuya slowly raised a leg and then slammed it onto the back of his head - he flew away into the opposite wall of the classroom.

"Ashido's current body movements take inspiration from dance. How should I put it?..." Midoriya mumbled, "it's a state of movement where your entire body is being used."
"Don't forget the steam buns I cooked at the first training battle," Aoyama said while Hagakure smacked Mineta senseless.

"I should try it too..." Midoriya spoke of the dancing.
"Okay, boy, let's dance!" Mina crossed her arms in front of her.
"Uh, um... yes, ma'am!" Midoriya squeaked out.

"Look at him go," I grinned, taking place beside Hanta.
"They're really getting into it, huh?" he replied.
"You any good at dancing?" I joked.
"Don't even start that. I'm terrible," he laughed.
"Well, that makes two of us," I patted his back.

Suddenly the bell went and everyone rushed into their seats. Aizawa walked in, wrapped in his yellow sleeping bag.
"We have a culture festival," he stated. He looked like he needed sleep.

"So school-like!" everyone shouted, awed, "the school-like stuff has come!"

"Is it really okay for us to be so carefree at this point in time?" Kirishima raised his hand.
"That's an excellent point," Aizawa said, "however, UA doesn't revolve around the hero department. If the sports festival is sponsored by the hero department, then the culture festival is the domain of other departments. The level of exposure isn't comparable, but to them it's an exciting festival.

"Moreover, the truth of the matter is that there's a considerable number of students who are stressed out from the daily activities of the hero department and its new boarding system," he continued.

"Since you put it that way... I really don't have anything else to say..." Kirishima looked at his desk.
"That is also why you shouldn't apologise so easily. This year will be different from past years. Part pf the staff will be cut and the culture festival will only occur within the school," Aizawa said, "I've already said we're not the main drivers of this event, but as a rule, each class has to pick one theme. Today, we'll be deciding on that."

Iida and Yaoyorozu came to the front of the classroom.

"Please allow me, Class 1A Representative Iida Tenya, to facilitate some progress!" Iida exclaimed, "I will try my best to narrow down ideas smoothly!"

I took a chance glance at Hanta, eyebrows raised, to find he was looking back with a wide grin the reeked of utter mischief. I rolled my eyes in a playful manner and looked back at Iida and Yaoyorozu.

"First, let us pick some possible themes! Those with suggestions, raise your hands!" Iida moved his hand in a chopping motion and at his words, everyone's hands all shot up at once, "what a fast change in attitude... no! I'll keep the class in order, no matter what! Kaminari!"

"Let's do a maid cafe!" Denki announced, hand raised high. I rolled my eyes again at his idea.
"Maids... a service theme! Not bad!" I was shocked Iida cleared it.

"That's too tame, Kaminari!" Mineta shrieked, drool practically foaming from his mouth, "a strip club!"

Before he could take another breath, Asui had him hung in a burlap sack.

"How about a mochi shop!" Uraraka dismissed the frog girl.
"Arm wrestling competition!" Kirishima mimed arm wrestling as he shouted.
"A bikkri house!" Hagakure exclaimed. I had no clue what that was.
"Crepe house!" Satou added.
"Duck shoot!" I finally decided to chime in.

"Dancing!" Mina slurred.
"A petting zoo..." Kouda suggested shyly.
"A banquet of darkness," Tokoyami nearly whispered.
"My glitter show," Aoyama's smile was sly.
"A short play or something?" Jirou suggested.

I noticed Denki watching her from the corner of his eyes and grinned slyly. I slowly turned my head to Hanta and, once again, he was already looking at me, matching my expression with a narrow smile and lowered eyelids. He nodded slowly at me.

"Well then, anything else?"