fourteen

After Mina and Aoyama's battle — Mina won — it was Tokoyami and Yaoyorozu. I was convinced that Yaoyorozu would win because of her performance during the cavalry battle, but the bird boy beat her.

Next was Kirishima and some other guy called Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu. God, his mother must hate him to give him a name like that. They drew because of their similar quirks, and then Bakugou fought Uraraka.

Although Uraraka was a good friend (well, a better friend than Bakugou) I could tell that Bakugou would win. It was a long and intense battle, but I was right.

Kirishima and Tetsutetsu had a tiebreaker arm wrestle, which Kirishima won. The quarterfinals then commenced, and I was scared. What if I lost? I would humiliate myself, my class, the hero course, and, worst of all, my mother. The number six hero, my mom.

Midoriya and Todoroki went first. Midoriya started telling Todoroki that he should use his left side. or, more specifically, "it's your quirk, not his!"

That was the best mistake Midoriya ever made for Todoroki, who won the match after practically turning into the sun.

Everything was clear skies until I realised I was fighting next — I was against the person Denki lost against.

"[Y/N], relax. you've got this!" Hanta said.
"Y-yeah, but if Denki lost to this girl, how the hell am I supposed to beat her?!" I fretted.
"You're stronger than me by far, [Y/N]!" Denki said, "you can beat her, definitely!"

"How do you know that?" I asked, "that I'm stronger than you?"
"Because you've made it this far," Denki said. I sighed and nodded, waving over my shoulder and making my way towards the stadium.

The girl I was up against was called Shiozaki Ibara. Her quirk was Vines — like, her hair was made of plants.
"How does she brush that?" I wondered aloud.

"I do not. I let Mother Nature care for me," she stated, making me sweatdrop.
"A-ah, yes," I nodded, before flexing my fingers and letting my cocky side take over, "you're gonna wanna brace yourself, because this'll be over in a few seconds, darling."

"And that's exactly what Kaminari said!" Present Mic exclaimed. The crowd laughed.
"Stop discouraging my daughter, Mic!" mom yelled. Present Mic screeched into the microphone from sheer surprise and there was a clatter; he knocked it off the desk.

"Let us begin, shall we?" Shiozaki said, her hands clasped together.
"It's already over, Vine Girl," I grinned, imitating cocking a gun with my hand.

Before Shiozaki could make a move, I reacted.
"Double Gun: Ultimate Shot!" I yelled, pointing both of my index fingers at her and shooting. She blocked every shot with her hair, like I wanted her to.

Keeping my right hand aiming at her head, where she was blocking, I swiftly moved my left hand and shot her in the foot with little warning. She stumbled and I shot myself off of the ground, powerfully ramming my shoulder into her gut and knocking her out of bounds.

I stumbled back and started flexing my fingers and rolling my shoulders before they even started to cramp up.
"Shiozaki is out of bounds! Irezumi advances to the next round!" I breathed a sigh of relief. Mom had walked down to the railing and i walked to her.

"[Y/N], Flower. I'm so proud of you," she said.
"Thanks, mom. I was afraid of disappointing you..." I admitted, "that's why I'm gonna come first."
"Flower, nothing you can do would disappoint me," she smiled warmly, the same kind smile I'd always known, "now go, rest up! I have a feeling you'll be facing off against Enji's son."

I nodded.
"I will," I smiled. She kissed my forehead and then I turned, running out of the stadium.

"[Y/N], that was awesome! You're so smart!" Denki exclaimed, "I never would've thought of that!"
"You're smart too, Sparky!" I smiled.
"Yeah, but you did really well," Hanta agreed with Denki, "you're in the semifinals now, you know."

"Yeah... I'm actually pretty scared," I said honestly, "Todoroki's gotten into the semis as well, and I wouldn't stand a chance against him! If Tokoyami wins his fight, and Bakugou wins his, then I'm ultimately screwed."

Just like I didn't want it to happen, Tokoyami defeated Mina and Bakugou completely laid waste to Kirishima. Not unscathed, though. Kirishima managed to get a few hits on his blond friend, even cutting Bakugou's cheek with his hardening quirk.

I started shaking in my seat.
"I-I have to fight Todoroki, Tokoyami, and Bakugou... at least I would have a bit of a chance against Tokoyami, right?" I looked at Hanta and Denki with frightened eyes, "r-right?"

I clenched my fists but got no response.
"I hope it's Tokoyami," I whispered. Hanta suddenly grabbed my trembling hands.
"[Y/N]. You've got this in the bag, yeah?" he said, "listen. It does not matter if you win or lose this fight. Nobody's gonna mistreat you, or bully you or whatever. You should be proud of yourself that you got to the semifinals, okay?"

I couldn't help but smile.
"I guess you're right," I said. Denki wrapped me in a hug and tugged at Hanta's collar.
"Group hug, guys," the blond said. Hanta happily obliged and embraced the both of us.

"Hey, Hanta?" I asked. He hummed in response, looking down at me very briefly. Denki leant forwards so he could listen in to the conversation.

"Yeah, what's up?" Hanta replied with a grin.
"Well, I was just wondering. How tall are you?" I asked.
"Uh, taller than the both of you," he said of me and Denki.
"Hey! I'm not short, I'm just fun-sized," Denki complained.

"Denki, I hate to break it to you, man, but you're five-six. There are girls that are taller than you, man," Hanta replied, "well, I'm 5'10", so I win."

"Wait, really?!" I exclaimed, "how are you so tall, and why are you arms so long?!"