thirteen

The part I was dreading: the one-on-one fights.

The first to go were Midoriya and purple Aizawa, whose name was Shinsou Hitoshi. Shinsou almost won by simply using his quirk and making Midoriya walk out of bounds, until Midoriya managed to somehow break out by activating his own quirk and completely annihilating Shinsou. It's safe to say Midoriya won.

"I guess I'm next," I heard Hanta say and I immediately perked up.
"Who're you fighting?" I asked.
"Todoroki," he replied with a sigh.

"Oh... well, uh... good luck!" I said. He grinned and gave a thumbs up.
"Thanks, Flower," he replied as he walked away.

"I hope he's okay after this... Todoroki really packs a punch, plus, I didn't even know he could use fire with his quirk too!" I said.
"Aw, you're so worried for Sero!" Mina teased.
"And? I've known him since I was, like, born," I replied, "of course I'm worried."

"Are you sure you don't have a crush on him?" Mina asked.
"Of course I'm sure. He's my best friend!" I replied.

Present Mic announced that the fight was to start.
"Don't really feel like I can win this... but I'll give it a shot!" Hanta exclaimed, dispensing tape from his elbows. It wrapped tight around Todoroki's waist and then Hanta spun round, flinging Todoroki towards the line.

I fell out of my seat before standing and clinging onto the railing tightly.
"C'mon, Flex Tape! Show 'em what you're made of!" I shrieked.

"Apologies," Todoroki said, eerily calm considering he was being slung around by Hanta's tape. The ground beneath his feet froze over, and everything started shaking. I fell on my ass and suddenly ice had coated half of the stadium. Well, not coated, it was even worse.

"Oh my god!" I shrieked, "watch it, Icy-Hot! If you're tryna kill Hanta, then well done!"
Internally, I seriously was freaking out for my friend. That was a powerful attack, and I couldn't see him.

"D-don't you think that was a bit much?" Present Mic squeaked. Midnight had been half—frozen by Todoroki, who had frozen the tape around him and snapped it off.

"S-Sero... can you move?" Midnight asked.
"O-of course not!" Hanta replied quietly, "ow..."
I banged my head on the railing.
"Sero has been immobilised!" Midnight announced, "Todoroki advances to the second round!"

Todoroki stepped forwards and started speaking to Hanta whilst melting the surrounding ice.
"Oh, [Y/N], you were totally worried about Sero!" Hagakure squealed, "I can see it all over your face!"

"Well, of course I'm worried! he's my best friend!" I said desperately.
"Or boyfriend..." Mina giggled.
"Don't worry about it!" the crowd started chanting.

.
.
.

As soon as Hanta was brought in, I ran straight to Recovery Girl's office. I mean ran, too.

"Hanta, Hanta!" I exclaimed before I had even reached the door. I kicked it in, almost making it fly off of its hinges.

"Holy crap, are you okay?!" I exclaimed, launching myself at him and tumbling onto the hospital bed which he was sat on the edge of.

"[Y/N], I'm fine!" he said, "I was pretty confident I wouldn't win that fight. After all, Todoroki's really strong."
"I know... I was just- well- really, really, really worried when Todoroki froze the entire stadium! I couldn't see you anywhere and I thought he, like, suffocated you in ice or something!" I said, hugging him, "god, you're freezing!"

"Of course I am, you big doofus. I was just frozen in ice until Todoroki thawed me out," Hanta replied, "why aren't you watching the fights anyways? Denki's out there fighting some girl from Class 1B."

"You're way more important than any stupid fight!" I said, "Denki can win, anyways. I believe in him!"

At that exact moment, the door swung open and Denki was carried in on a stretcher.
"Oh," is all I said, "well, never mind!"

I stiffened.
"Oh god, my fight's next! I have to run!" I exclaimed, shooting up.
"Good luck!" Hanta grinned, "you can do it, Flower!"
I gave him one last glance and nodded.

"I know."

.
.
.

The girl I was fighting was one of the girls from Midoriya's team in the cavalry battle. Her name was Hatsume Mei and she was from the Support Class.

Hatsume had decided that she would give me equipment as well, so the fight was fair. She gave me some kind of machine that enhanced my aim, but then it turned out she had hydraulic attachments so that she could easily evade my attacks.

She shot a gun which captured me in a red net.
"Wha— what's this?!" I exclaimed, struggling against the material.
"A capture gun to use against villains!" she exclaimed, "who developed all of these items? me, Hatsume Mei!"

After almost ten minutes of showing off her items, she casually strolled out of bounds.
"H-Hatsume is out of bounds... Irezumi advances to the next round!" Midnight declared.

I shot a glare at the pink-haired girl.
"You bitch!" I yelled, "you used me for shameless self-promotion!"
"Sorry not sorry!" Hatsume exclaimed.
"I hate you!" I shouted, "but, ha! I won, in your face!"

.
.
.

I angrily sat down beside Denki, who had been fixed up and wasn't whey-ing anymore.
"I can't believe her! Who the hell does that Hatsume think she is, using our battle as a television ad and not even fighting me!" I crossed my arms.

"Woah, chill! You did great," Denki said, placing a hand on my shoulder.
"I did great?! I didn't do anything!" I exclaimed.

"Well, you threw attacks pretty well," he shrugged.
"Whatever... who's fighting next?" I huffed.

"Aoyama and Ashido," Iida notified me.
"Thanks, Speedy," I replied.