thirty-five

I shot off on my own, sprinting through debris. I came across a little girl. There was fake blood running down her arm, and she seemed to be crying. I thought for a minute before running over to her.

"M-my granny! She's trapped in there!" she cried out.

'What do I say?' I thought, blinking.
"Are you hurt?" I said, pulling a roll of gauze from my leg holster. She pointed to her arm and I wrapped it in the gauze.

"Please help my granny!" she whined.
"I will — I need to get you out of here first," I said, picking her up.

I looked around, wondering where our designated 'safe zone' was.
"Irezumi!" Midoriya called out to me, "the waiting room!"

I nodded and launched off of the ground, running to leave the girl there. I placed her down and crouched in front of her.
"I'll save your granny, okay?" I smiled reassuringly, "it won't take a moment."

Without waiting for a response, I sprung back into action. I ran across a mound of debris, past Bakugou, Kirishima, Tetsuya and Denki.
"Wait—" he started, but it was too late. The debris exploded and I was thrown backwards. I hit the ground and yelled out before standing back up again.

"Well, shit," I huffed, rubbing my back. I looked over at where the explosion had just come from, and Gang Orca was standing in the midst of the smoke.

"What's your move, heroes?" he said. I searched around and ran to the nearest person I could see, Midoriya.
"I-Irezumi, are you okay?! I saw you get thrown like a ragdoll!" he exclaimed.
"I'm fine—" I started.

"Get the civilians to safety further inside! Gotta move them as far from the villains as possible!" Shindou yelled, racing past.
"Shindou!" Midoriya shouted.

"I'm gonna hit em with shockwaves spaced at one second intervals!" Shindou replied.
"Irezumi! Go help the others evacuate!" Midoriya shouted.
"But—" I started.
"Go!" he yelled.

I gave him a last, slightly annoyed look and then turned on my heel, running towards Ojirou. I streaked past him and grinned, making a U-turn around a pile of rubble where deku couldn't see me.

'I just want to help,' I thought.

"Blow the heck away!" Inasa yelled. Using his quirk, a powerful gust of wind rushed downwards, ruffling my hair. I grabbed onto a piece of debris to stay put, the stone cutting into my palms.

Whilst Shouto and Inasa argued, I backed up and took a sprinting jump.
"Smoothbore Strike!" I yelled, shooting off of the ground and using Inasa's head as a step to push myself higher.

"Irezumi!" Midoriya shrieked. I ignored him and, when I was practically upside down, I narrowed my eyes and shot a powerful blast as Gang Orca. I couldn't tell whether it hit him, but I'm sure it did.

When I touched down, I ran for a few more steps so K didn't break any bones again. Shouto set on fire, and Inasa used his wind to blow the flames.

"Shin!" I shrieked — Shindou was right in the path of the flames. All of a sudden, another gust of air rushed forth and I thought Inasa was there to save Shindou - to my surprise, the wind had been from Tetsuya springing down onto the ground. She pushed off yet again and tackled Shindou aside.

She looked at Inasa and Shouto.
"What's the big idea?!" she yelled. I held onto my chest, feeling my heart thumping beneath, rattling my ribcage.

"Where were we?" Gang Orca said. I glanced around.
'It's odd that Bakugou isn't trying to blow Orca's face off!' I thought, 'maybe he recognises Orca as a strong opponent.'

"That winds getting on my nerves," Gang Orca said, sending Inasa flying. I watched him smack into a wall and then turned back to the pro hero. My bleeding palms were damaging my quirk's efficiency.