nine

* *✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*

i realize what is happening and back away as fast as i can. my head bumps into the top shelves and i quickly regain my balance.

nick's face was filled with confusion, but as he saw me hit the shelves, he tried his best to laugh as quiet as he can.

my cheeks heat up as i rub the back of my head. "uhh.. you didn't see that" i chuckle out of embarrassment.

nick hops off of the table and walks closer to me, "nah ma, it was cute."

his hand slides around my waist and i spin out of his grip. i lean against the table across from him and he lets out a groan.

"ight what's up? don't you have a lil thing for me?"

i look him in the eye and scoff, "umm no. i'm not into you anymore."

he raises his eyebrow at me, "anymore?"

"are you joking? come on. you can't be that much of a dick to not remember or even notice"

he shakes his head no as a response. "...sophomore year?"

still no.

"you just broke up with alexys and you were telling us that you guys were 'officially over'?"

he shakes his head once more. "oh my god" i roll my head and hop up to sit on top of the table.

"so basically we started talking and told each other we liked each other, but said that you weren't over alexys yet so you told me to wait" i go over the situation once more.

his eyebrows shoot up and his mouth forms a huge circle, "OHHH thAT's what you're talking about."

"what else would there be?" i question him as i grip the edge of the table, leaning more into the conversation.

"wait so you've liked me all this time??"

"well yeah. you told me to wait... you just didn't tell how long" my voice starts to fade off.

silence takes over the small room and i seem to find my shoes very interesting.

nick speaks up, "if it counts for anything, i'm sorry on my behalf. can we jus start over?"

he reaches his hand out, "hi. i'm nick."

i think my choices out for a second.

fuck it. i shake his hand in reply, "hey. my name is chris."

we are left standing, staring into each other's eyes as our hand shakes grow weaker.

i notice how long i've been staring, and nervously let go of his hand, "let's head out? jasmine's my ride and i really don't want her to worry."

"oh- mm yeah let's go" he grabs his helmet off of the table and we start walking out.

walking out of the building, we noticed police cars still at the front of the stadium but people have already scattered.

"hey um, were you okay?" nick turns to me to look me dead in the eye.

my eyes narrow at him, "what do you mean?"

"you know... when i came to you, you were crying..."

fuck

"oH um, yeah don't worry about it" i brush him off, but as he was about to respond, jasmine comes running from the parking lot.

she jumps up on him and wraps her legs around his waist. i mind my own buisness and walk towards jasmine's car where i see zion standing there with a concern written all over his face.

as i get closer, he pouts his bottom lip out and spreads his arms out wide. the feeling of anxiety creeps up on me once again, but as zion wraps his arms around me, it all washes away.

i stand in place with my arms close to my chest, allowing zion to encapture me with his warm hug.

"did it happen again?" he whispered as his head rests upon mine.

i maneuver my head to rest my cheek on his chest, feeling the tears welling up in my eyes from remembering what just happened.

"it was just like before, z" i sniffle and he rubs his hand up and down my back.

he hugs me tighter and comforts me as i shed a few tears. "just breathe okay? remember to breathe."

"ahem" i hear abruptly and i hide behind zion to wipe the tears off my face, releasing myself from his embrace.

i soon meet nick's eyes as they turned soft, but i nod my head at him to assure i'm okay.

"i- um, i should get home" i slide both my hands into my back pockets and rock on the back heels of my feet.

"yea- i- um... i think i'm gonna go ride with nick are you gonna be okay?" jasmine asks as she wraps one arm around nick's waist.

nick awkwardly shuffled in place and i try hard not to laugh, "um yeah that's fine, go ahead."

"you sure about that chris?" nick widens his eyes at me.

"mmhm, you two go ahead and have fun" i wave them goodbye and turn towards zion.

i cross my arms from the chills, "do you mind if i get a ride home?"