four

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"hey chrissy" nick smirks he rolls down jasmine's window. i lean my head into the window opening and glare at jasmine.

"what's he doing here jas" i focus my attention on her, but see nick laughing in the corner of my eye.

"zion's car was too full, so nick rode with me."

i glance behind her and the brown haired boy was minding his own business while scrolling through his phone.

"get in already oh my god" nick rolls his eyes and i reluctantly hop in the back of the car. as soon as i close the door, he steps on the gas.

my body jolts back, "jesus nick, i didn't even have my seat belt on."

"that sounds more like a you problem" he shrugs and jasmine laughs. i put in my airpods and blast music instead of dealing with both of them.

by the time we get to school, i exit out of the car and meet the rest of our friends before jasmine and nick could stop me.

as i walk through the quad, multiple people wave and smile at me. i head towards the group of people surrounding one of the tables in the middle of the quad.

many people consider us as the popular group. i cant lie and say we aren't, but it's only because most of the people that i hang out with a football players. people think they're intimidating, but i've known them since we were babies and they couldn't be more soft.

"heeyy chris" edwin gets up from his seat and hugs me.

i return the hug, "hi edwin, what's up?" he offers his empty seat to me and i take it.

we get interrupted by travis tapping my shoulder consistently. "what do you want" my voice  is laced with annoyance as i turn towards travis.

"ohhh! she got her airpods in! that's why she can't hear us" travis pats isaiah on the chest with the back of his hand as he laughs.

i roll my eyes, "nah don't play. we all know your momma bought you your own airpods."

"man shut up, this is why you're still single," he laughs and hugs me in greeting. nick and jasmine walk up to us, giggling together.

shawn grabs my attention by standing in front of me to block my view of them. "don't over think it" he tells my with a calm voice.

"shut up, i wasn't looking at them," i cross my arms and avoid eye contact from him.

the bells rings, letting us know we got to get to class. i get out of my seat and start to go with zion and edwin.

shawn finds my hand and pulls me back towards him, "we could give them something else to look at."

"oh? and what do you suppose we do" i say in in a low, seductive tone. he laces his fingers with mine and smiles down at me.

"chris stop hoe'ing around, we gotta get to class and yo ass gets mad if we leave you," edwin calls out and i look back at shawn.

i pull apart from our little bubble, "see you in health concepts." i unhook my fingers from is and he furrows his eyebrows with a frown. i wave and turn to head to class with edwin and zion.

"hey quick question," i ask and they both, "why did y'all make nick ride with jasmine? he had to drive me and he was beyond annoying."

zion gives me a confused look, "what are you talking about?" i look over to edwin and he has the same expression.

"when jasmine pulled up, she was riding with nick..." i remind them, but it doesn't seem to ring a bell, "they said there was no room left in your car so you made nick ride with jasmine?"

they hold the same expressions as before and i decide to let it go. we reach the classroom and walk into the loud area.

classes go by and the question rolled right over my head, forgetting what i was uneasy about. finally, the last period awaits.

i walk into the classroom with every student standing around the seats, no one and nothing in the middle. i look around and quickly make eye contact with shawn.

he shuffled over to me, excusing himself from every person he's bumping into. "we're switching seats because mr. foster said we don't get work done," his hand grips the one strap of his backpack.

i let out a sigh, knowing my seat is probably gonna be complete ass. "alrighty, now that everyone's here let's get started," our teacher's voice booms through the classroom.

everyone groans in annoyance. "love to see the excitement," he adds and proceeds to point to each desk, giving out names as he goes along.

"shawn and christine... right here," he points to the pair of desks near the back. we both turn to each other and chuckle.

"tiffany and nick... right behind those two," mr. foster points towards us and my laugh fades.

nick struts over to us and daps up shawn with a hearty smile. "y'all already know what's about to go down" he snickers as he takes a seat.

tiffany bondoc. the popularity seeker that has dated one too many football players. "hey christina," she waves at me as she sits down.

"chris, just call me chris" i plaster on a fake smile. shawn and nick try to hold on their laughs by putting this shirt collars above this noses.

"i knew my seat would be ass," i whisper to shawn and he frowns, "you're literally the only person in this class i like."

"i'll take it, but i think i love where i sit" he remarks and i couldn't help but smile.

maybe it won't be so bad after all.