The Christmas Invasion pt.2

"Is that..." The Doctor whispers.

"The Sycorax? I do believe so." I reply, the Sycorax cracks his whip and The Doctor catches the end of it and pulls the whip from the Sycorax's hand

"You could have someone's eye out with that."

"How dare!" I take a thick club off another Sycorax, hand it to The Doctor and watches as he breaks it over his knee.

"You just can't get the staff. Now, you, just wait. I'm busy. Mickey, hello! And Harriet Jones MP for Flydale North. Blimey, it's like This Is Your Life. Tea! That's all I needed, a good cup of tea! Superheated infusion of free radicals and tannin. Just the thing for healing the synapses. Now, first thing's first. Be honest, how do we look?" I ask turning to Rose.

"Er, different" Rose says shrugging.

"Good different or bad different?"

"Just different."

"Am I ginger?"

"No, you're just sort of brown." she says.

"I wanted to be ginger. I've never been ginger. And you, Rose, fat lot of good you were. You gave up on us. Oh, that's rude. That's the sort of woman I am now, am I? Rude. Rude and not ginger" I say.

"I'm sorry. Who is this?" Harriet asks.

"I'm The Doctor and this is the Seer."

"He's The Doctor and I'm the Seer" Rose and I say at the same time.

"But what happened to my Doctor and Seer? Or is it a title that's just passed on?"

"We're them. We're literally them. Same man and women, new face. Well, new everything."

"But you can't be" Harriet says.

"Harriet Jones, we were trapped in Downing Street and the one thing that scared you wasn't the aliens, it wasn't the war, it was the thought of your mother being on her own."

"Oh, my God."

"Did you win the election?" I smile.

"Landslide majority."

"If I might interrupt" the Sycorax says.

"Yes, sorry. Hello, big fellow" the Doctor says waving.

"Who exactly are you?"

"Well, that's the question."

"I don't know! See, there's the thing. I'm the Seer, and he's the Doctor, but beyond that, I just don't know. I literally do not know who I am. It's all untested. Am I funny? Am I sarcastic? Sexy?" I wink at Rose and she turns away blushing. "Right old misery? Life and soul? Right handed? Left handed? A gambler? A fighter? A coward? A traitor? A liar? A nervous wreck? I mean, judging by the evidence, I've certainly got a gob. And how am I going to react when I see this." I grab The Doctor's arms and drag him up a small flight of stairs, "a great big threatening button. A great big threatening button which must not be pressed under any circumstances, am I right? Let me guess. It's some sort of control matrix, hmm? Hold on, what's feeding it?" The Doctor opens the base of the pillar which was under the button.

"And what've we got here? Blood? Yeah, definitely blood. Human blood. A Positive, with just a dash of iron" I say.

"Ah, but that means blood control. Blood control! Oh, I haven't seen blood control for years. You're controlling all the A Positives. Which leaves us with a great big stinking problem. Because I really don't know who I am. I don't know when to stop. So, if I see a great big threatening button which should never, ever, ever be pressed, then I just want to do this." the Doctor slams his hand down on the button.