Chapter 18

Taeyong who successfully shooed away Hansol and Taeil is now looking at her, casually shoving his hands on his pocket. Their eyes met for a few seconds not until Seulgi walk passed by him, leaving him behind.

He sighed. Seeing how Seulgi is trying her best to avoid him is making him frustrated. It is natural for a prey to avoid their predator but that's when they are scared with them. But in their situation, it is totally different. She's unbothered by the fact that she is the prey, and more worried to her friend who's being infatuated with him. Giving him questions if is she really that selfless or is she just plain stupid.

Observing her back who's slowly going further before him, he followed her who is walking fastly as she can. But not matching her pace.

It is new to him, to have a prey which he wanted to protect and cherish more. Back when Taeyong first met her, he knew it wouldn't be easy. He got easily attracted on her scent but something is stopping him to reach for Seulgi that badly and fought himself not to go near her. Which explained why he is gone for a weeks since he entered the school.

Seulgi makes her feel the things he never did before, making her special to him.

Or was it because she somehow reminds him of someone from his past?

Taeyong shrugged off his thoughts as he didn't want to wander further. What he really wants to happen now is to chase after her and be at her side no matter what happens and no matter how Seulgi hates it.

When she disappeared earlier and they wasn't able to sense her woke his system up that he should stop playing his games and start the real thing with her, though he wasn't sure what it really is. Wasting time isn't really his habit but seeing Seulgi's predictable reaction towards his actions is what keeps him entertained. That's when he decided to mess with Jennie. Ending up that he was completely distracted by the fact that a predator should only set his eyes on his prey.

But now, no matter how much she tried her best to avoid his eyes, he'll met it.

No matter where she run or go, he's going to chase after her.

"Kang Seulgi." Taeyong called her out from his thoughts. Seulgi seems to flinched at him suddenly invading her mind but she didn't stop and just continued on walking.

She's still a bit scared at him but thinking that Sehun isn't a vampire is what makes her less worried. Besides, she's still kinda mad at him for playing her friend. Yet she's kinda relieved to be honest, that Taeyong isn't that serious to Jennie since she won't be involved in the world where Seulgi is now.

But still, she still want to take precautions to hurt Jennie again with the reason of her unclear relationship with Taeyong. So as long as she could avoid him, she'll do it.

"Will you stop walking or—" Taeyong didn't even finished his sentence as Seulgi decided to stop, knowing that something worse could happen if she did opposed him, taking back the words she thought a while ago. She's like a frozen statue standing there until she saw him standing beside her.

So she knows how to listen sometimes, huh?

Taeyong stared at her with knitted brows, she almost forgot to breathe when he scooted closer to her.

"Are you mad?" Seulgi bravely asked as she's trying to assure that he won't do something she didn't like. Remembering that she just boldly called him a jerk back at the court was a mindless word that she uttered.

"It depends." Taeyong answered that makes her swallowed a huge lamp on her throat. "On what you do." He added.

Nervous ate Seulgi's system up as Taeyong is just staring at her, not saying any thing. She told herself that she'll distanced herself from him, but when he is being like this, she ain't sure how to. It's like one wrong move, and she's done. He wasn't like this a while ago.