Chapter 05

2 weeks ago

The boy stumbled down on the floor, having a hard time to breathe. He slowly crawled onto his bed, massaging his throat as he feel the drought in it. 

“I told you to get a taste of her.” Taeyong chuckled as a sudden figure appear from the dark corner of his room.

“She smells good, but she sucks.” he said as he gulped.

“She sucks?” Mark snickered, “You haven't even tasted her. Maybe, you sucks?” he then stared at the older and then threw a bag of blood to him. He knew he's just lying.

“Don't be so full of yourself.” Taeyong then drink the blood in a seconds. He is sure that the blood came from the mansion, the quality is really good.

“Am I being full of myself?” the younger chuckled. “She's really that special, huh? For the first time, you're ready to suffer that much for a prey.” Mark looked at his older brother awfully. His lips were dry and he can tell that he is suffering from not drinking any blood in the past few days. Vampires only experience that drought for longing too much into their extraordinary prey and he was curious why would his brother wants to suffer when he was one of the powerful vampires in their family that could easily lure and kill a prey anytime.

“Shut up.”

“Saving the best for the last, huh? Come to your senses hyung. If you don't want to taste her, maybe I could?” the younger smirked, mocking the older.

Taeyong knew that Mark isn't kidding and he was serious about it. Mark may be younger than him, but he was more selfish and greedy than he looks. No one may come in his way, killing a person is like just stepping an ant to him. He could act like that since he's more spoiled. Unlike his twin brother Haechan, who is more warm hearted towards his older brother.

“She's not yours.” he glared at the younger intensely. Knowing that the brat can easily kill his own prey.

“Don't look at me like you're going to kill me, I know that you won't.” He sarcastically said that annoyed his brother. “You haven't tasted her, does that not makes her yours either." He added, making Taeyong come to his senses. "Anyway, Appa wants too see you.”

Taeyong suddenly feel numb by what he just heard. The big man is calling him for nothing especially when he just came at the mansion yesterday, he must have something important to ask to Taeyong.

“He probably smell the scent of her in you.” the younger utter before he disappeared in the darkness.

Present

He was silently looking at her from afar, wondering why she was different from the others. Normally, a vampire won't take a day or even hours to eat a prey. Yet it's been two weeks and his prey are still wandering around, not knowing someone is longing for her.

“You're already close with her.” Lucas approached Taeyong when he left the stage. “Does she smells good?” He asked while looking at Jennie and Lisa who's on their way, walking through the crowd, going back inside the house while greeting the other students.

“Not really, she's bland as this.” he pointed the can of liqour he was holding.

“Really? No one can beat blood then.” he then clank his can in Taeyong's and took a sip. “I thought she'll gonna be your substitute to Seulgi-noona. A hottie, fresh from New Zealand.”

Taeyong only chuckled at his cousin's statement. He doesn't still tasted her because he's having second thoughts of making her a prey. It's been a long time since he had his own prey, and Seulgi came. But he doesn't understand why he felt like he has to distanced himself away from her and should not touch her. But there is still a part of him that is wanting and longing for her.