Chapter 14 (1)

The cold wind blows with the defeaning silence intensed between the two. The faint loud fun music from the bar few meters away from them is the only noise around the area. With all authority, Lucas shoved his hands on his pocket as he stopped in front of Jongin's car, blocking his way. Having no choice, Jongin hopped out the car and decided to face the younger.

"You know you intruded where you shouldn't, right?" asked Lucas. With his bold tone, the older knew that he's on in the possible fight.

Jongin looked at him straightly, eyes narrowed, letting him know that he's ready and not frightened of the younger in front of him.

"She intruded first." He said with a blank face, defending himself.

Lucas eyed Seulgi who looks uneasy while being confused on the twins.

Earlier, when he sensed her blood, he was alarmed since her scent is truly addictive and attractive. But the truth is that it is Jongin's scent who really surprised him. At first, Lucas thought that maybe it's just the scent of one of the customer inside his bar and the thought of Seulgi being with Jongin is impossible. But when he saw the real thing, he didn't even doubt to confront the intruder.

But Lucas is somehow relieved that Haechan is here as he knew that Mark, who happens to be enjoying the scenario isn't someone that Seulgi can be comfortable with. Though she barely knew Haechan, that cousin of him is the only person he could trust to protect Seulgi while they are in his least unexpected situation.

"I won't let that happen again. I'll let you pass this time, so let us too." Lucas said authoritatively, offering an unusual agreement.

He isn't actually planning to have a fight but it doesn't mean that he isn't prepared, that's why he also let his other men come with him in case of a possible happenings that may occur. It's just that, it just doesn't feel right that everything is happening so suddenly and Lucas can't think of what's to come next. He's well aware that it will depends on how will he deal with a rival in front of him. Especially that Taeyong is not appearing is what troubles his mind more.

Jongin scoffed at the younger's offer, narrowing his eyes at him. "Do you really think she'll be safe here?" Jongin asked with a sarcastic tone, eyeing Lucas' men.

Seulgi's blood sweet scent is swaying along with the cold wind blowing at them. With what it could possibly offer, it aroused the vampires' hunger with her extraordinary scent. Lucas admits that Seulgi's wound is too powerful that it's distracting his men, since their resistance at the scent of blood is lower than the royal-blooded ones. She's really in danger now with a bunch of vampires around her albeit he can't be bothered as he have his twin cousins around her.

"You're not the one who decides if she is or not." Lucas said in a serious tone, eyes locked at Jongin.

The latter hissed in disbelief. As the younger's tone is quite disrespecting, Jongin acted like he heard a warn from a kid and act oblivious about it before he hopped on his car, completely ignoring Lucas.

Jongin started the engine, hitting the gas as the engine roared, annoying Lucas.

Lucas clenched his fist, seething inwardly as he creased his brows at the older's conceited attitude. He didn't dare to move and looked at Jongin's eyes with the tinted screen of the car between them. Reminding him that it should be his last step as an intruder in his territory. The younger eyed his men, and slowy distanced theirselves from the car, letting Jongin to finally leave the place.

Lucas never let his eyes off on Jongin's car before it completely disappeared before his eyes since he did not clearly agreed on his offer or was it he did- indirectly doesn't want things to be a big deal.