Zo: *whispering* This is a catholic based organization?

Sooji: *whispering* It's a haitian orphanage what did you expect?

Zo: *whispering* I don't want to put money into conversion therapy!

Peach: *whispering* haitians don't believe in conversion therapy!

Mari: *whispering* What the fuck do you even know about haitains?

Me: *whispering* Y'all shut up!

Dr. Choi: ...Before we begin, one of our most generous sponsors, who also is the owner of the Marbella, Manilva, and Torremolinos hotel, please give a warm welcome to my dear friend, Kim Namjoon.

Who?

The six foot two man that was texting me an hour ago walked up to the stage, shook hands with my best friend's father, and walked off to stand at the podium. He had the audacity to twist the microphone handle upwards to his level.

Namjoon most have a rep within the business world of korea, because everyone in room classily lost their minds as he got up on stage. I clapped too, but not enough to anyone to suspect anything.

Peach: *whispering* Sooji you know him?

Sooji: *whispering* No why?

Peach: *whispering* Your dad said that they are friends.

Sooji: *whispering* And you believed him? It's an introduction formality. I've never even seen him before. But I heard that he owns like half of uptown Seoul.

Peach: *whispering* Do you at least know if he's single?

Sooji: *whispering* I think we he's married. I don't know.

Me: *whispering* Even if he is, he would go for you Peach. Man like that needs a woman not a girl.

Peach: *whispering* You are built like Lucy Hale if she was flat ironed don't come for me.

Zo: *whispering* I can't hear you disrespectful bitches.

Don't judge me for deflecting her. I was honestly trying to hear what he had to say. I wonder why he didn't say that he was going to be here tonight?

Namjoon: Thank you for that warm welcome. The AHY Project is something that I've been sponsoring since I opened my first hotel in uptown Seoul a few years back. I started this project when I took a youth group trip to haiti with my sister, who used to work as a counselor there with....

Mari: *whispering* His voice is so pretty.

Sejoo: *whispering* Wanna what else is pretty?

Sooji: *whispering* Sejoo. Shut. Up.

Namjoon: ...the current political climate in Haiti causes trouble for the youth to receive a safe and proper education, especially to its female population. Which is why I founded the AHY project. So that children aren't deprived of a basic human right. Education.

Throughout the speech, Namjoon's eyes wandered around the room, like he was trying to make eye contact with everyone there. They made their way all around until landing on me. He seemed just as surprised to see me as I was to see him, but his bratz doll lips still curled up into a smile.

That smooth prick made my face turn the color of my dress. Then his eyes went to Seejo and got weird, but brushed off as he continued his speech.

Namjoon: ...So I hope, with the help of your donations, together, we can help aid these girls' schooling, upbringing, feminine hygiene and health. Thank you so much.