Sixty

A/N: We've made it to sixty! Dilapidated honestly has my record number of chapters in one story so I'm pretty impressed. I will infact be finishing posting this by the end of November, so be prepared! xxx -Melissa

60.

*Addison*

Sliding from Stiles, he stayed dead asleep under my covers. Petting the sheets down, I took the letter off of the bed. Folding it back up, I replaced it in the envelope. Pushing my hair from my face, I slid the letter in a hole behind my clothes in the closet.

Peering back to Stiles as I put on a hoodie, I couldn't help but question it all.

I slipped out of the house, jogging towards the high school, letting the music on my headphones drown out everything.

In my blood coursed what was in exactly what I hunted. Azazel, who killed so many and tried to bring on a war by letting all the demons loose on Earth, poisoned me just like he'd done to others.

It changed Sam Winchester into a monster once, and it was likely to do the very same to me.

I kept running, all the way to the cross country course. Ignoring everything, including the 2 a.m. darkness, I ran until I couldn't feel my legs.

"Don't tell me you still come out here." A voice reached me as I was bent over to catch my breath.

A pair of Nike sneakers came into my view, causing me to stand up straight. I smiled, "Erica, hey."

"It's a bit late for you, isn't it?" Erica asked, barely sweating as she kept her perfect posture.

"I could say the same for you." I replied, setting my hands on my hips as my legs throbbed. "What has you out at three in the morning?"

"Just needed to get out of a house full of boys." Erica said, "You've got them all training without shifting. Actually sort of funny to watch if you ask me." She examined me, "Why are you out here?"

"I had to clear my mind. Running helps, normally."

"And tonight?" She asked, clearly knowing something was wrong.

I shook my head, "Not so much."

Erica nodded a little, "Well, hunters must have interesting ways of thinking if it's got you running around at two a.m."

"This has nothing to do with hunting." I told her, "First time in a long time that's happened."

"How long have you been one, Addi? You've always seemed so, nice, and when I come back you're suddenly some badass hunter." Erica nodded off to the side for us to walk the path that led back to the high school.

"Since Rosalie died, actually."

Erica lifted an eyebrow, "You're joking, right? That long and nobody noticed?"

"None of them knew until I wanted them to." I adjusted my sleeve, "I only revealed myself when it was necessary. And that necessity happened to be Derek."

"It explains a lot, actually. You were closer with Matt. It was because you knew he was controlling the kanima, right?" Erica was the first to catch on about Daehler.

"I've known Matt my whole life. It comes with being Isaac's best friend. But you are right, I started talking to him again around the time things were going South."

"I did wonder why you seemed to not be surprised. Like you always knew something more." Erica thought for a moment, "But I have a feeling I'm not the only one who realized it until after you were confirmed supernatural-esque."

"I tried not to get involved. Stiles kept me in the dark, but I knew more than him." I said, knowing that Stiles wanted to keep all the craziness away from me."

I may have been the one who brought it to him.

"I'm sorry about what I said, by the way." Erica let out a small sigh. It was the first time since she was bitten that she'd said anything apologetic. "I just don't have a high outcome of any of this."

"And you really shouldn't." Rosalie smiled brightly, arrogantly blonde in pants that were awfully tight.

"Run, Erica. Now." I moved in front of her, attempting to get her away.

"Like Hell." Erica said, a golden sheild ringing her eyes. Flicking her wrists down, claws sprang from her fingertips. "You're the one who should run, mundane."

"Not completely mundane." I replied, somersaulting to the side of Erica and right in front of Rosalie. I tripped her by her mistake of wearing high heels.

Erica didn't question my comment and instead growled. Leaping over me, she landed on Rosalie's shoulders with her knees as Rose stood up. Twisting her hips, she broke Rosalie's neck with ease.

Grabbing her hand, I helped Erica jump off before Rosalie's body hit the ground. "I don't see what's the big deal about these demons."

I pulled her further away from Rosalie. I didn't have any weaponry with me, which meant now was my turn to run. "You'll see, but right now, we need to get out of here."

"She's dead, Addison calm down." Erica wasn't getting it.

"No." I could see Rosalie's body starting to quiver, a groan coming from her. "She's not."

"Not so fast, Reyes."

Now this was the catch; Rosalie and Erica were inseperable at one point.

Erica, being held by her hair, recognized the use of her last name. Other than being fully addressed, only Rose called her Reyes.

"Rosalie don't, please." I held out my hands, showing the demon I was weapon free.

"Is this you begging, Addison?" Rosalie asked, grimly smirking as she gripped onto Erica's curls. "Weaponless with no options and that's when you reach begging?"

"No options?" If Mom was right, I could do this to save Erica. "You should know me better, Rose. A girl like me is never out of options." Focusing on her alone, I held out my hand in choking position.

Rosalie narrowed her eyes at me, trying to hide a flinch in her posture.

"Let her go, Rose."

Erica seemed like she didn't know what to do. Struggling, her eyes remained gold whilst in restraint.

Rosalie's jaw remained clenched, her hand gripped tightly as she jerked Erica into a harsher position. Wrapping a hand around her neck, I'd made her angrier.

"Damnit, Addi." Erica coughed, her fangs bared. "Go!"

"No, Erica." I firmly said, not breaking eye contact with Rosalie. "Let her go. Be smart about this."

"When you're in Hell, I will." Rosalie snapped, bringing a purple colour into Erica's cheeks.

"Give me a little time." I crushed my hand together, "We can have a sleepover, too, if you like."

Erica darted, Rosalie crumpling to the ground with a thud.

"Run. Now." I ordered, sticking around with my hand out to Rosalie. "Just go!" I shouted, Erica hesitating to leave me.

Rosalie was on the ground again, her eyes rolling into the back of her head.

I crouched down next to her and leaned in a little better. "My mom told me not to trusts the Wards." I tilted her head over, checking her eyes to see them undialated. "I wonder what your precious family did to earn that."