Twenty-Six

A/N: I just updated, but hey, why not two in a day-I might even go for three? I haven't got anything to do and I'm about thirty chapters behind on updating! Xx -Melissa

26.

*Addison*

"You're crazy, you know that, right?" Isaac hesitantly rose to his feet. He pointed at my pistol, "What is that?"

I glanced up from screwing on a silencer, "It'll give us the edge. It's all about surprise with these asshats."

Derek opened up my room door, Isaac swinging on his coat as he went into the hall. "Any plan about exactly what to do?"

I put my holy water flask inside of my jacket after putting my locked gun in the back of my jeans under my shirt. "I'll figure it out."

"That's reassuring," Isaac mumbled, shoving his hands in his pockets.

Leaving my near dead cell phone in it's charger, I rolled my eyes and switched off my lights. "Let's just go."

"Is it safe to take my car?" Derek asked, waiting with Isaac as I locked up the front door of my house.

I hid the key in it's original place before shaking my head. "It would give us away. We'll have to go on foot." I looked up to Derek, "Lead the way."

Although the trek to the location wasn't long, the silence made it worse. Isaac kept to me, but Derek stayed about a foot infront of us. By the way he stiffly held himself, there was clearly a bad memory sitting on him. 

"Here." Derek stopped, an edge of a house just beyond the thick trees in a small clearing.

"Holy shit." Isaac's eyes widened, the house we'd never seen before sitting in all it's glory as if it belonged there.

"Not exactly holy." I narrowed my eyes, focusing in. "Two guys outside the door. One looking out each window." I checked my watch then the left top window. "Every thirty seconds."

"That's not exactly easy to get by." Derek commented, tapping me as he grew quiet. "Addi."

I looked over to my left, a guy watching us wih his head cocked. "Christo." I quietly said, waiting.

The man growled violetnly, his eyes burning a dead black. "You must be Addison."

I grinned, only replying with a quick exorcism. In under a minute, he fell cooly onto the forest floor.

Isaac barely blinked, "Did you just kill that guy?"

I walked over and crouched down beside him. Taking a pulse, I shook my head. "No, he's alive." I leaned over a bit more, "Go back home. You'll wake up in five minutes. This never happened. You went out for a walk and that's all."

"What'd you say to him?" Isaac asked as I stood back up. "Addison."

"I just told him to leave." I waved it off. "It probably won't even work."

Isaac meerly gave me a funny look, but Derek stared at me as if he knew I had just lied.

"Let's go." I looked away from Derek and stepped over the man's body. "We need to scope out the back."

Rounding the house, I found myself keeping my knife in hand. It was almost like I could sense something about to go wrong.

Derek perked up his ears as we came across a path wide enough for a car. "A car's coming, hurry." Making sure I was right with him, we ran across the open area with his hand wrapped around mine.