Twenty-Seven

A/N: Because I totally wasn't on the phone with my friend Bevy for over 11 hours...    Xx -Mel

27.

*Addison*

I ignored the warm sensation smothering my lower back, my top clinging stickily to me. 

Mathis lifted an eyebrow, "Good?"

"You heard me." I spat, switching my aim to Heratio whilst keeping my eyes locked to Mathis. "Why'd you lie about knowing Crowley came to talk to me?"

Mathis hesitantly shrugged, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Let me rephrase that." I pushed away the pulse of pain from my back, "Why do you want your King dead?"

Heratio glanced over to his son, "What is she talking about?"

"You didn't know?" I smirked, catching Mathis' jaw clench. "He gave me the coordinates to here because he was hoping I'd think Crowley broke the deal. I won't kill him if he leaves me and my friends alone. Setting a trap like this would void that deal, so the result would be the death of the King of Hell."

Mathis growled angrily, looking as if he could kill me right on the spot. "How'd you connect that?"

"You were being too nice to me." I replied, almost able to feel Mathis' anger building. "Death threats to being buddy buddy, really?"

"I'm going to rip your head off, even if you do hold the power to control all these stupid mutts on earth."

"Sure you are." With both of them stuck in a ring of goofa dust lined with five hex bags outlining a devil's trap, they couldn't touch me. "I've heard it all, trust me." Not paying any attention to Derek or Isaac behind me, I relinquished my gun. "Tell me one thing. How is the job working?"

"What job?" Mathis spat attempting to hide his confusion.

"Well, you think all of the blood will jump star the nematon, right?" I asked, crouching down to face Mathis as close as I could without crossing the protective line. Pushing past the limp blood trickling down my back, I looked Mathis dead in the eyes. "Well, surprise, you ass. I disintegrated the nematon's power source last year. It's just a dead stump to trick saps like you. Did you even notice all of the roots were gone?" I stood up again, wincing just barely. "Let's see how long it takes for them to find you this time." I shrugged, "If ther's anyone left to notice that you're gone."

"You're just going to leave us here?" Mathis barked as I began to move back to Derek and Isaac.

"You're lucky that's all i'm doing." I snapped, walking between Isaac and Derek, heading back down the stairs.

Silently, the werewolves followed me, hesitant to say anything. I was surprised they hadn't run off by now.

Starting to see the foot path towards my house, I turned around to Derek and Isaac. "I'm sorry you guys had to see that." I told them in a small voice. I took in a breath, going up to my house without another word to or from them.

Struggling into the empty house, I shut myself in my room. As a speck of blood hit the floor, I carefully pulled off my jacket and then my saturated top. Kicking of my boots. I made an attempt to find a towel to put pressure on the gaping knife wound on my back.

Grabbing an old first aid kit, I cleaned up the wound the best that I could and put  gauze over it before using an ace bandage to secure it in place. Painfully changing into flannel pyjama bottoms, I carefully tugged on an old black v neck tee.