Fourty-Seven

A/N: Homecoming time for Beacon Hills xx -Mel

47.

*Addison*

I grabbed my phone off of my desk, having to dial down the blaring Young The Giant to hear the knocks on my door.

Stiles pushed open the door, buttoning up a pale shirt. "Nearly ready? Dad's already got the camera out downstairs?" He watched me with a little grin, leaning in the door frame.

"Yeah, i'm good." I glanced down to my royal blue dress as I stood up before looking to Stiles. "I look ridiculous, don't I?"

Stiles shook his head, "You look amazing. Really, you do."

I smiled, watching his as my mind rambled on.

"What?" Stiles furrowed his eyebrows, "Ads?"

"Sorry." I quickly apologized, only to find myself hugging my brother a moment later. "I love you, Stiles."

Stiles had been hesitant to hug me back, but he wrapped his arms around my shoulders. "I love you too, Ads." He pulled away and looked at me strangely. "Are you about to do something stupid?"

I let go of him and laughed a little, "When am I not?"

Stiles rolled his eyes, shaking his head before turning off the lights to my room and going down the hall.

I'd emptied the pin board and had hidden my hunting gear in the storage unit just in case Dad decided to come into my room while I was gone.

I was going to do something stupid. Beyond stupid, even. Just not quite yet.

~

"Don't go crazy, now." Stiles warned, us meeting up with Scott outside of the school.

Thankfully, we'd agreed to meet at the school so Scott didn't have to do pictures and make Dad question why all of them made Scott's eyes look strange.

I promised Stiles we'd be fine before taking Scott's arm and walking to the building and into the moderately crowded gymnasium.

"You look great, by the way." Scott told me, pretending not to notice that everyone was aware of our arrival.

"Thank you." I smiled before waving over to Danny.

With Brittany, in a skimpy black dress no less, Danny looked miserable.

"Any chance they'll spike the punch again this year?" Scott asked, glancing over to a table after we came to a halt just off of the dance floor.

The music choice wasn't that great, but it didn't seem to stop people from dancing.

"God, I hope so." I replied, getting a laugh from Scott.

I couldn't help but think that I would rather be somewhere with Derek and not in a gym full of teenagers that only had one thought until the end of the night.

"Do you need us to distract Mathis so you can get a clean get away?" Scott asked quietly, overly cautious although I had my necklace. "Because we're here for you, Ads. We always are."

I smiled at Scott, "I know that, but," I shook my head, "It might give it away. I'll just slip out while Lydia and Mathis are doing their victory slow dance after crowning. Derek and I will leave after that."

Scott nodded, "And you told your Dad you're spending the night with Allison and then going to San Francisco with us in the morning, right?"

"Exactly." I replied, "And Sam is going to come in and make sure everything is under control. Dean is shadowing the trip up to New York in case anything goes wrong."