•43•

I get a text on my phone from Barry and I read it quickly watching still as the numbers on the article increase each and every second. "Babe that article was amazing, a perfect expose on element and Ora and the story behind her and what she did" the message reads and I smile as I return to my article when the screens all go blank and once again element appears on the screen, a mixture of Hatred and pain in her eyes and she's stares menacingly at the screen. There's something strange about her I can't place my finger on what but something it's weird and I can't tell why or what's going on with her, it's like a sense of pain but what reason does she have for being in pain? None. But i do, I have many reasons to feel pain, my boyfriend left the planet because I used a device to fill the air with the thing he is allergic to, I got engaged to someone who I love with every ounce of my being and element threatens there existence and my own, and the lives of my friends and family who I need because without them being there I don't know what I do, my life would once again fall apart and I owe Barry for Helping me get back on track and showing me that even in the darkest of times there is always hope and light and the chance to stumble upon something truly wonderful. That's not pain. That's life. "I'm sure we all saw stupid Kara danvers' article making this claimants, and yes they are true they are true and yes I was Ora, but Ora was weak, she had false hopes and saved a city who couldn't bat a eye about her or who she truly was they only cared that she helped them, but I didn't help them, they showed me that and so I left, I left without saying goodbye and I left people I shouldn't have left but I did anyway because I was ruining there lives the same way supergirl is ruining ours. And we have to stand up to it and stand up to this Kara's article, her expose on my true nature and the reason why I believe what I'm saying to be true, because I've experienced it first hand and no one Deserves a fate like I did." And for the first time I can see a human side to element, one that can feel one that regrets and maybe would have changed things given the chance, for the first time I don't see her as evil but as misunderstood, she was corrupted and lied to and it ate away at her and so she fled and I can see she wishes that she has said goodbye because I can tell she still loves them. That's element punishment, once element was born she lost the one thing that kept her human, her love for her family and friends. And I have to work my hardest to protect mine.