Neveah's story

"It seems she's just obsessed with you Neveah, we don't have to deal with this." Sean turned to Nev expecting her to agree.
  Morgan's eyes widened, she hugged herself looking down. It was obvious she was hurt by that even though it wasn't directed to her.
  Nev softly pushed the hair out of Morgan's eyes, "Deep breathes." Morgan nodded and did so. Nev looked back up at Val, "Sean, Morgan, help Elliot bring Jaelyn to her room." They both listened.
  "How could you!?" Val didn't let Serenity stop her this time, "After everything, you promised you'd stay with me. You run from everything don't you Neveah? There is one problem and you run."
  "Valentine you killed somebody! I'm not gonna let you throw me around and use me to keep you safe. I'm not your toy." Neveah closed her eyes and counted to herself quietly, Maria left the room taking Amber with her.
  Serenity sat down on the couch as Val spoke, "I wasn't using you, I needed you. You were the only one that I thought would understand-"
  Neveah cut her off by softly putting her hand on Val's cheek. Val looked confused for a moment, more tears came and she leaned into Neveah's touch, "Val.. may I tell you my side of the story?"
  Val looked at her surprised then turned around to look at Serenity, she patted the seat next to her wanting Val to sit.
  Neveah sat on the second couch and picked up the poster that Morgan had brought in off the floor, she starred at it for a moment then put it to the side.
  "When the police came I was upstairs making breakfast for you, even though it was the middle of the day. I couldn't have gotten to you quick enough.. When they got into my house I had already left. I wish I brought you with me."
  Val whipped her eyes softly.
  "When I got to the next town I practically collapsed on the side walk, that's when Sean found me and took care of me.. he introduced me to Elliot as well. Elliot and I went to a comic book store to check if they had any updates and that's where I met Maria, she introduced me to Morgan but it felt more like Morgan was introducing herself."
  Serenity narrowed her eyes at Nev thinking that she was stalling.
  "I met Jaelyn at a Halloween party that Morgan had forced all of us to go to." Val smiled softly as Nev told her story, she missed Neveah's voice.
  "How did the band start?" Val glanced at the poster.
  "Well, I told Morgan about how I've wanted to start one for awhile and she encouraged me to do it. I'm assuming you're going to ask about Jaelyn and I now right?"
  Val's smile disappeared, she nodded softly.
  "She asked me, I didn't want to ruin anything so I said yes. At the date I miss took being flustered for being in love. I guess I just don't have the guts to break up with her."
  "What does that have to do with anything?" Serenity snapped, obviously getting tired of the story.
  "I'm not finished yet.. Val I knew you were in the asylum.. I anonymously paid some of the guards with the money we made from the band to captured Amber, I told them to keep her cell unlocked and help her escort the prisoners out."
  Serenity dug her claws into the couch, "You're lying." Neveah shook her head and starred into Serenity's eyes, she was being honest.
  "Why didn't you come for me?"
  Nev turned to Val's quiet voice, "I couldn't.. I didn't want to see you again after what happened, I wanted you to have a life without me in it." Nev turned back to the poster, "but that obviously didn't work."