Neveah Pt. 2

When I woke up there was a shiba inu looking down at me in the tub, which was now empty.
I started wiggling around like a worm trying to get my arm out of the sushi roll. The doggo barked getting Neveah's attention, when she came over she picked me up and brought me out putting me on the crouton couch with the Shiba inu following her.
I started making whiny noises not liking the physical restraint from the blanket.
Neveah unrolled me then I aggressively pulled her on top of me giving her hugs and cuddles, even though I knew she didn't like them.
Neveah screeched softly but let me do it anyways but after a few long seconds she unhooked my arms and was going to walk to the stairs but stubbed her toe on the couch and fell to the floor whispering loud swears.
I sat up giggling, "Are you alright Nev?" I asked still giggling.
"Just- PEACHY" Nev continued the distance to the stairs by rolling then got up and took one step on the stairs until I stopped her.
"Why are you leaving?.." I asked with a disappointed tone and a distressed expression. She looked at me having a small gay panic then sighed.
"I was going to try not to burn the house down while cooking-" the fire alarm upstairs started going off and Nev sprinted upstairs and I followed her.
In the kitchen there was a smoking waffle maker and a panicking Neveah.
Not really knowing what to do Nev unplugged the waffle maker and threw it in the sink just letting it sit there. She sighed loudly and picked up two plates, one with two waffles and another with one, "Breakfast?" She asked with a nervous smile.
I laughed and took the plate with two waffles, "You're such a dork Nev." I giggled and softly tapped the tips of her horns, I knew she hated it but she let me do it anyways.
I sat down and Nev grabbed utensils and syrup, she brought over the strawberry syrup cause she knew it was my favorite.
While we ate I remembered the sheriff and made a loud groan rolling my eyes then looked at Nev. "Did the sheriff visit?" I asked hoping sheriff already came and just didn't find her.
Nev finished the bite she was taking almost choking cause she didn't want me waiting too long, "Yeah- no the sheriff didn't come, but he passed and I saw him go to all the other houses, must have thought this house was abandoned and haunted like everyone else, then again they might just be lazy." She took another bite looked at me to see if I stopped looking stressed.
I calmed down and my body stopped tensing as I laid back in my chair realizing I had finished my food.
"Val.. who did you kill?" Nev looked at the red stains on my white shirt from the blood.
"I.. him. I killed him." I thought back to what had happened and felt hot tears filling my eyes, "I didn't want to.. He was just so in love with her and I wanted him to look at me but he wouldn't stop looking at her-" I paused as my voice cracked a bit from crying, Nev came over to my side of the table and hugged me softly in hope of comforting me, I hugged her back tightly while crying into her shoulder not able to speak anymore.
Nev picked me up and held me while she put the dishes in the dishwasher and brought me downstairs laying down with me on the crouton couch, I was still crying but not as much because she was hugging me.
After what felt like hours of tears and sniffles I calmed down from it but was still sniffling a little. I cuddled close to her listening to her heartbeat, it made me feel warm and safe. I fell asleep quickly with her.