29. Loyalty

April

Pharaoh

I walked around the venue speaking to different people. It felt crazy that I was celebrating my little man. I walked over to my boys who were standing in a corner talking. I shook up with each of them before realizing Jordan wasn't with them.

"Where Jay?"

"He on his way" Cole shrugged

"Bet" I nodded

"Let me holla at you though" Cole nodded towards outside

I nodded before we headed outside. The minute we got outside he shook his head sighing.

"How you been bruh?"

"I'm straight"

"Jordan told me what happen with Essence"

I sighed shaking my head.

"Why you ain't tell me?"

"Didn't want to talk about it... just now really accepting that it's over for real" I shrugged "I'm tryna getting over it still so"

"Have you seen her? Talk to her?"

"She asked me not to so I don't"

"Damn" he shook his head "You really letting her go..."

"I don't have a choice"

"If y'all really love each other, there's always a possibility"

"Don't work that way man. She might love me... but she doesn't want to" I sighed "Look I can't do this right now. I'm supposed to be happy celebrating my baby boy man"

"But you not happy yo" he shrugged "All the energy around you is off. I just want you to realize that and fix the problem"

"I can't!"

I shook my head turning away from him only to come face to face with Jordan and Gianni. My mouth dropped as they walked up to us. They shook up with Cole before Jordan shook up with me. I looked at Gianni waiting for her to make a move first. She just looked at me with an uncomfortable expression.

"What's good G baby" I extended my fist

"Hey Rao" she fist bump me "Congrats"

"Preciate it"

Jordan and Cole headed inside leaving us outside. I hadn't seen Kira or Gianni since my break up and it made me think about Essence. I sighed feeling myself break.

"How she been?" I asked

"Not great" she shrugged "Always shutting down, not trying to talk... just different"

"It was never supposed to be like this G" I took a deep breath "I called off the bet and let it all go so this wouldn't happen"

"You did?"

"Yeah... before Christmas"

"Damn... I thought that's why she was so messed up. Because you took her virginity. I didn't know you nev—"

"I did what?" I froze hearing those words

"You didn't know?"

"We never talked about it"

"Yeah... Ess never, you know" she sighed "But maybe she'll calm down since y'all didn't"

I stayed silent staring off thinking. How could I not have known Essence was a virgin? I mean she was tight as fuck but she never bled or no shit. What the fuck was all I could think. It definitely made since why she was so mad even after I told her the bet was ended.