Ch26: Vs Raijū Kyōdai

(Y/N POV)

Two hours.

It has been two hours since Manten took Kagome and for us to reach the Raijū Kyōdai's territory.

Raimei Valley.

It was the perfect conditions for raijū, with it being mostly barren rock, massive rocky out croppings, sparse vegetation, high cliffs, treacherous terrain, and a perpetual thundercloud seemed to be hanging over the valley.

The perfect habitat for a pack of raijū, which thankfully we only had to fight two of them.

Any more in our current condition and we would probably be done for.

I mean I can now walk without a crutch now, but I was still feeling quite a bit of pain and Yura was pretty much legless.

A fact that she won't let me forget as she wrapped her arms around and and was pressing herself against. Something that I was trying to ignore.

"So this is Raimei Valley,  I expected this place to be less of of a wasteland. Still it will make the perfect graveyard for these raijū." Inuko said, her hand rested on Tessaiga.

"If it comes down to it and I'm afraid it might have to be." I said honestly, dreading  about the prospect of actually killing the Raijū Kyōdai.

Despite the fact that I spared Yura after all that she has done, it was mainly out of not wishing to kill her. I know in this era I would have to do it some day, but if there is a chance to settle things without resorting to killing.

However Manten's actions and from what little Yura and Shippō told us about his older sister Hiten along the tha way has only cemented  my belief that this time might be the time we're I would possibly take someone's life for the first time.

Something that I was not looking forward to.

"Master?" Yura asked from my shoulder, no doubt feeling me tense up.

And she was no longer pressing herself up to me, thank Amaterasu.

"I'm fine, just steeling myself for the possibility that I might have to end a live today." I said, getting her to nod.

"Probably for the best, can't have you freaking out when it comes time to deliver the final blow and give your opponent a chance to counter attack." Inuko said, getting me to nod.

She did have a final point.

"Speaking of which, Myōga!" Inuko snapped at the elder flew on her shoulder, looking like that he was trying to escape. "Don't you dare try to escape on us as I have a job for you."

"And that is Lady Inuko?" Myōga asked shakily.

"Keep an eye on the kit, don't want him to do anything foolish such as going against Manten." Inuko said, getting Myōga to nod.

"Hey!" Shippō snapped, quickly withering under her stern gaze but not letting up. "I won't even think of doing such a thing, unless one of you guys or Kagome was around."

"Good choice kit, still we need  someone to keep an eye on you if you get lost during the flow of battle." Inuko said, getting Shippō to nod in agreement with a little huff.

"As you wish Lady Inuko." Myōga said.

"Alright then, everyone ready?" Inuko asked, grabbing Shippō and getting myself and Yura to nod. "Good then let's get the girl back and show these raijū what happens when you cross us."

"Sounds good to me." I said as Yura pressed herself against me once again.

Inuko jumped up into a nearby rocky outcropping with a screaming Shippō in her arms while Yura carried us up their with her hair.