Ch11: Y/N's Gift

(Y/N POV)

After explaining what happened to Kagome, we found Kaede a few minutes later and proceeded to dug her out.

It took under a minute to get the elderly priestess out of her temporary tomb. 

Now that Kaede was free, she was glaring at a somewhat sheepish Inuko and an unconscious Yura.

"While I'm grateful that everyone is alright and that Inuko remembered where I was, do you mind me asking why is she still alive?" Kaede asked us with an inquisitive look.

"If you want to know ask Y/N?" Inuko said while pointing to me, causing Kaede's glare to follow onto me.

"The reason that she is still alive is because Yura seems to hold a lot of knowledge about other yokai, even telling me about another hanyo like myself and was able to instantly recognize my mother's clan. So it stands to reason that she would be a great help on our journey with her knowledge. So I'm going to ask if you can please bind her like you did for Inuko and Kagome." I said without flinching from her gaze.

A minute later, Kaede lowered her glare and sighed.

"Do you have her true form then?" She asked.

I just nodded and had her the comb, to which she checked it.

"There is a crack on it, it is repairable. But should I repair it Yura will wake up. So I will work on binding her first. Which I will do after I have treated myself and that she is secured." Kaede said before walking towards the village, with the rest of us following not that far behind.

"Hey Y/N." Kagome said. "How come you never told me that you were from a clan?" She asked.

"It is because technically I'm not." I said. "Yuki-onnas are mainly found in clans in the coldest parts of Japan. Sometimes there are some like my mother who decide to split off from there clan and make a life for themselves. So while I have her clan name, technically I'm not from any clan." I explained to her, causing her to nod.

Truthfully besides that, I never knew anything about my mother's clan except that it consists of about 2 dozen members. Making it one of the larger clans according to her.

"Well that is interesting to know, but there is something I have to ask you Kagome." Inuko said calmly.

"What is it?" Kagome asked, looking a little weirded out now that Inuko was using here name now.

"Have you changed your mind about going after the shards?" She asked Kagome.

"In fact I have." Kagome said. "If Yura was of any indication then just having one shard is enough to crossover into the modern era and as the enterence is located on my family's shrine, of anything else crosses over my family will be the first in danger. So I want to gather the shards in order to prevent that."

I figured that she would say something like that. Honestly that is an admirable goal and if I were to have gone on the journey myself and Inuko, then that would be part of the motivation. Also partly because I would get to explore Nippon during the Sengoku Judai.

Still it would just feel hollow without Kagome.

"That's quite the admirable goal there girl." Inuko said, with a little respect. "But make no mistake, once we gather the whole Shikon Jewel I will become a whole yokai. So I will work with you both, preferably Y/N in order to reconstruct the jewel." She continued, causing the both of us to sigh and Kagome to fume.

It seems that we both thought the same thing. Though Inuko's comment seemed to have ticked off Kagome a little bit.

"Speaking of which." I said, trying to diffuse the situation before Inuko would Osuwaried again if Kagome's expression told me everything. Once she seemed to have calmed down a bit before I faced her. "We are going to have to talk with your family to work out a schedule for this. Because we are definitely going to miss out on a lot of time in the modern world if we do this." I said seriously.