Ch1: Down the well.

(Y/N) POV

"Come on where is it?" I said while looking through my closet.

It had been a simple plan. Wake up a bit earlier then usual, get everything ready for school, and then stop by the Higurashi Shrine to hid Kagome's present in the storehouse til afterschool. So I had gotten everything done with plenty of time to spare.

Until I had forgoten where I had put Kagome's present.

So I had to spend the past 30 minutes looking for it.

I had just finished looking in my closet when I notced that a corner poking out from under the dresser. Picking it up I saw that it was the present I was looking for.

I tucked it under my arm and then proceded to lock up, as I had no one else living with me and Mrs. Higurashi had my spare key.

"Hopefully Kagome hasn't left yet." I muttered to myself as I began to walk to her family's shrine as it was only about a block away from home.

As I was walking I began to think about how my friendship with Kagome began.

My childhood minus a few major bumps and what I inherited from my mothet was fairly average, aside from my parents that is.

My father was a kind, yet eccentric man who loved to travel. So I didn't get to see him that much, but he spent every waking moment that he could with me. He was prehaps one of the best archaeological professors in Japan and was known for snagging the hearts of his fellow professors and students alike without even trying. But he had to break all of their hearts as he wasn't interested in them.

The fact that he was also a lolicon also helped.

He kept this up until during a trip to Hokkaido were he met mom and fell in love soon after.

I don't really remember her that well, because she passed away when I was very young. But from what dad described was that she was somewhat aloof along with being very caring.

He often described what was his favorite thing about her was her laugh. Se rarely laughed at all, but when she did he described it as something that could even make the most cold-hearted of humanity to bust a gut at it. One of the reason's they fell in love was their matched sense of humor.

The fact that dad was a very handsome man or the fact that mom was a legal loli and was WAY older then him also helped.

In fact after he found out what she truly was, they immediatly got married soon after and I was born a year later.

For most of my early life I spent traveling with them all over Japan until I was 2.

During a trip to Osaka mom died from heatstroke, but not before making the scarf I always wore.

After that dad changed his and my last name in order to honor her and also found moved permanetly to Tokyo, were it was cooler and so that he wouldn't lose me the same way.

Soon after that he took me with him on his first visit to the Higurashi shrine. There he met and quickly befriended the ahrine's caretaker and his family. I was quickly introduced to Kagome, who iis a little older then I am.

At first we disn't get along with each other, but not even 5 minutes later we were laughing and playing together and have been friends ever since.

After that however I couldn't interact that much with Kagome afterwards. She lived quiet a bit away from the shrine and we botb were in different school districts soon after. So the only times I really got to interact with her was when there was no school, whenever she visited the shrine, or when dad left me with the Higurashi's to go on one of his trips.